What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

I do have Sign of the Cross. Not upgraded. Not sure when I'll be able to upgrade it (don't tell me)

What are some ninjutsu and magic that you'd recommend? For ninjutsu I know I have kunai's, bombs and the first stealth kill technique thing. Other than that I'm not really all that impressed with ninjutsu. In terms of magic all I have is the first level healing, and spirit summoning thing. I also have something that cures paralysis (names escape me at the moment because I'm not currently playing at the moment).

I do have my first elemental sword. I love that it's slowing down my opponents. Makes me more confident.

One thing I have to start incorporating into my game plan is using high and mid stances. With the light attacks I've sort of developed a hit and run tactic. Eventually once my confidence build up this will change, but right now, 3 attacks and back away, especially with the side mission I'm on (looks like its all Yokai. You unlock it after beating Hino Enma)
3S - Ken, Yang, Makoto
USF4 - Yun, Ibuki, Decapre, Poison
SF5CE - Ken, Karin, Chun Li, Laura, Poison
SF6 - Ken, Juri, Jamie, Chun Li

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, I'll tell you right now that Sloth is by far the most useful piece of magic that you'll learn....it's also borderline cheating IMO, but don't feel ashamed to use it on particularly tough enemy types or bosses.

For Ninjutsu the actual attacks aren't very useful, but the buffs are usually worth your time if you get the stronger versions of them. The stealth scrolls are particularly good for if you don't want to have to fight a lot of the same enemies if you die and just want to rush back to your Guardian Spirit to reclaim your Amrita.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The DMC5 demo is finally available to play on the PS4 this week. I have been playing and replaying the shit out of it. I'll give my detailed thoughts later, but this feels like a real game. Not some press "X" to win bad-ass simulator, but a good old-fashioned hack n' slash with style. The amount of games that I could say that for from the past few years can be counted on one hand. I'm more excited for the full game than ever. This could potentially even surpass Nioh for me as my favorite game of this console generation so far.

Mustang

Agreed. In a sense it's like I've finally been welcomed to this generation of gaming with DMC5. With all these Souls-like games it's like games like Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden were/are being phased out. Remasters and remakes can only get you so far.  Not to take shots at Nioh which is the closest I've gotten to that scratch that I've been looking for and I have to use weak weapons to get that combat that I've been yearning for. God of War as great and visceral as it is I'm only playing that for its story and when I'm in a bad mood.

March can't come fast enough. I am a little worried that it won't get the recognition it deserves especially when it comes to the Souls/Borne games. I think people are more into those kinda games than character action games these days.

Also got my ass handed to me in Nioh. On a side mission (18) and enemies just keep spawning. Dying is all on me for sure. My little hit and run tactics aren't working much lol especially when its 2/3 vs 1 and my finger exercise has been terrible. I know for sure I want to keep all enemies where I can see them, but there are times when I get myself between the 2 (giant axe skeleton and horned demon) and I'm like "oh.... shit.... Not to mention got an arrow firing off behind me as well. It's a fun stage for sure, I just gotta get over some of these mental blocks.

Oh, I definitely feel a lot more safe with the trusty Katana lol.

Edit:

Finally beat that mission. Got Mizuchi spirit for my effort. I gotta admit that I usually don't get caught up in the whole "feelings of accomplishments" and whatnot but "my feels" lol. So now I have 3 guardian spirits. Currently going through a 2nd run and about to face Hino again.
3S - Ken, Yang, Makoto

Foggle

Capcom re-emerging as this gen's MVP is something I would have never predicted. REmake 2 is so good I've already played it twice.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on February 10, 2019, 01:53:38 PMCapcom re-emerging as this gen's MVP is something I would have never predicted. REmake 2 is so good I've already played it twice.

They've also been better about porting over more of their classic titles. Just a few years ago we got perfect ports of RE0 and REmake, and about a year ago they did an HD remaster of Okami, which I'm playing now and really enjoying. Now, if they could just re-release some of the other Clover Studios titles on the PS4 and bring a Darkstalkers collection to the PS4, I'd call them publisher of the generation just based on that alone.

Oh, and also maybe stop trying to nickel-and-dime their fans on Street Fighter V content. That'd be nice too.

Mustang

Nioh
3rd mission. Got my ass handed to me by Nue. 2 strikes and I'm down. First time going through the mission in general. This game keep me on my toes at all time. This is what I call scary, but not because of anything like your horror games but that constant fear that every enemy that touches you can kill you. I don't like that in a sense but whatever. I can tolerate it. Other than that still having a blast with it and about to go round 2. I've seen 3 attacks so far.

Dragon Ball Fighterz
Hit, Adult Gohan, SSJ Goku is the team I decided to go with although I may swap SSJ Goku with Goku Black. That being said Hit, SSJ Goku/Black shell is a shell I can get attached to real quick. I know Hit needs a beam assist to really get him going (makes him feel like Vergil in a way). Adult Gohan's slot will be shared with Bardock, Cell, and Vegito (not to mention they will be my secondary team and are my favorite characters in the series) with a splash of Beerus every now and then.
3S - Ken, Yang, Makoto

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The main trick to fighting Nue is to use items and attacks that deplete it's Ki-guage faster. Staggering him and then smacking him in the tail-end as much as you can does the most damage. He's also weak to water (and it slows him down). For his lightning attack he telegraphs it pretty well with his roar, so when he does just run continuously in a circle and the attack will never hit you.

I forget, are you playing on XBOX ONE or PS4? If it's the latter, what's you're gamertag? It'd be great to fight you online (I'm really bad, though).

I was playing against a guy using Base Goku and Jiren in their team, and they had this really devastating combo that ended with Jiren's level 1 super cancelled into Goku's Spirit Bomb which is an almost guaranteed kill every time. It was super annoying since he used it in me a lot but he was also way better than me so I pretty much deserved that, lol. :sweat:

It's cool to learn other interesting tactics like that, though. But, you know....I hate Jiren, so I'm not using that particular one.

Mustang

Found 1 mission I don't like in Nioh. It's a sub though. Recommended level is 21 I think. You're with what's her name, Ginchiko (?) and you're going through this underground area filled with traps in the dark. I beat it but man do I hate that. I don't see myself going through that one anytime soon. Not to mention these mimic treasure demons. I don't mind them for the most part but I hate fighting in the dark.

As for DBFz. I'm on the PS4. BigDiesel313. Don't worry about being bad. I'm also terrible. 3v3 has never been my cup of tea. Too much ish to manage and on screen for my eyes. In any case, I may have some serious lag on my end considering I'm wireless at the moment. Still trying to find ways to improve on that. I bought a wifi extender but I don't know how reliable these things are.
3S - Ken, Yang, Makoto

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Mine is Black_Falcon_89; I'll send you a friend request later.

Sub-missions featuring that area come up a few times in the game, but the traps never change, and mimics are actually very easy to spot if you count the latches on the chest. It's been a while so I can't remember if it's one fewer latch or one extra, but it should be easy enough to just look up.

Mustang

Nioh
Tachi$#$#bana. Damn. Died at least 10 times before fighting him in a cheap way. I see what Ben (Easy Allies) was talking about when he said you have to take a break after each mission. Got me so riled up it almost became rage levels. Most of the time I was dying to stupid shit of my own accord of course, but man when he drain you of your ki that's all she wrote. It was still an epic fight but damn.

Dragon Ball Fighterz
Hmm, that disconnect is starting to rear its ugly head again. What turned me off from it the last time. It's starting to show even more now that I've played a bit of both BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good game, but that freedom is not there, or rather, I feel like the freedom here is limited (even with the latest patch). That being said, Hit and Bardock put my fingers through quite a workout, especially Hit. I've gotten a feel for all the characters that I gravitate to and Cell, Bardock, and Goku Black are the ones that feel just right for me. Hit and Vegito felt like they can be on the execution heavy side of things, (again) especially Hit. I feel like he's the Johnny of the cast with his stances and canceling. I feel like with those 2 I have to play on an arcade stick. Not ready to bring that thing out yet.

Damn, Tachibana got me salty right now.
3S - Ken, Yang, Makoto

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Hey, if you think that boss fight is tough, try fighting him with another boss at the same time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOYKxe6M4fU :sly:

Mustang

That scares me lol. I can only imagine what that'll be like when I get to it. I decided to fight him again and this time I died 3 times but I still had to fight him in a cheesy tactic. He has pants that I'm after as well. I have everything else off of him that I need though in terms of armor.
3S - Ken, Yang, Makoto

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If it makes you feel any better that's a post-game (after the credits) quest that pops up once the final mission of the main game is complete. There are a bunch of boss fights that put you up against two bosses at once to challenge you, but all are completely optional.

Honestly, bosses like Muneshige can be trivialized completely if you master the parry mechanic, preferably with the dual swords since it's an instant knockdown.

Mustang

Hopefully by the time I beat the game I'll be skilled enough to the point where I'm confident to take on those boss fights.

I beat Tachibana a 3rd time. This time I felt more confident and didn't die either. I got the whole hookup, but I didn't like the pants to his getup. When I get more money I'll use them to make the ninja pants stronger.
3S - Ken, Yang, Makoto