Pixar! Their Films, Your Favorites, and More

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 09:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Looks cute. But trailers never really capture Pixar's films at their best.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Tonight my campus brought a big screen up and gave us the option to vote between watching The Little Mermaid, The Incredibles, or Brave. I didn't find out about this until a week ago, so I missed the voting, but my choice, the middle, won.

It's always fun to see, although I wish they didn't use an old rip of it. I still want to watch it in HD. But it was still a good experience, even with some wind and mild drizzling. I didn't notice the shots gag until now, in fact. :sweat:
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Man, I'm so glad that movie is finally getting a sequel. I still like it quite a lot and it is one of my favorite Pixar films.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Whaa...I assumed the series was through, at least for the forseeable future. This also reminds me that I've never seen 3 and I've watched like a total of 20 minutes of 2.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

3 is the best one. I quite enjoy the first two, but the third just eclipsed them in every way.

gunswordfist

That makes me want to watch all 3 in order now.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Spark Of Spirit

Wait, it's coming out THIS year? The same year as Inside Out?

That's quite odd. But I guess that year without a Pixar movie positively affected it. Not only do we get two new Pixar movies, but they're both originals.

Daxdiv

The Good Dinosaur was supposed to be last year's Pixar outing, but they felt like they didn't have an ending that satisfied them and this was coming hot off the heels of Pixar sequels that kinda put a dent on their reputation for making great movies. Still hyped to see this and Inside Out.

Avaitor

Yep, two Pixars, no WDAS feature.

Don't expect this to be a regular occurrence. We're also going to get the teaser for Zootopia during Inside Out, btw.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

Both of these look really promising, so I hope they mark a return to form for Pixar. Can't wait to see 'em!

Avaitor

The Good Dinosaur had a near-complete recasting.

As crazy as it sounds, this seems like a good thing to me. Pixar is really dedicated to making sure their overhaul of the film fits, right down to the voice actors, which seems promising. And hey, Pixar has rarely missed when it comes to VAs.

Let's just hope that this doesn't delay production too much.

New blog!