Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Huh? Is it on XBLA now?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rynnec

What'd Capcom do with CvsSNK2?

Grave

They just imported the ps2/xbox versions to psn and xbox live. Considering they bring back Darkstalkers (which nobody really wanted) with online support (probably the best netcode from Capcom yet), but yet CvS2 is basically the same game.

gunswordfist

YAH-TAH! I don't care if the demade the game. I want to play it.

Grave

By all means, enjoy. I'm just stating how Capcom missed out on a big opportunity when they said they don't have the funds to move on to next gen (fighting game wise)

Grave

Ultra Street Fighter 4 changes

So I'm looking at some of these changes, and while I understand Capcom are testing in locations I can't help but to be worried. So far I don't see a purpose in using Red Focus when this game is about meter management, not to mention you can't crumple off of a lvl 1 Red Focus, so why Red Focus to begin with when you can definitely be baited (easily).

Anyway, character specific stuff. Like I said, I know it's in a testing phase, but I'm definitely worried. Being a Cody, Yun and Guy player (technically undecided, but those were the main 3 characters I saw myself coming back to the most) I can't help but think these changes are pathetic (at least for Cody and Yun. Guy maybe alright). Capcom supposedly are going by fan feedback for Ultra, but so far I haven't seen a single thing that was requested for these characters (Cody and Yun. Guy received a faster walk speed). Yun is getting nerfed pretty badly, and Cody, well, Cody get's stuff no one asked for.

If Capcom make these changes permanent they might be next in cutting staff members (if they haven't already started). So I hope Capcom are listening to their fans (I have a hard time believing this)

Oh Poison, Rolento, Hugo, and Elena..... Not quite sure how I feel about them yet. Personality-wise, I'm not interesting in them, but they might be very fun to use (with the exception of Hugo. I hate grapplers)

Grave

3rd Strike patch update

Finally. A lot of the stuff that's been included in the patch don't matters, but the one that actually matters is the netcode that was used for Darkstalkers and Marvel vs Capcom Origins has been implemented here in 3rd Strike as well.

As for Ultra, still debating on if I really want to get it or not.

LumRanmaYasha

I WANT TO PLAY THIS SO BAD. I don't care if I don't like/know half the characters in it, it's a crossover game and it looks AWESOME.  :joy:

gunswordfist

I almost had a heart attack when I saw Gon. And I thought seeing Kenshin and Goku in the same game would have been enough for that. *continues video*

Edit: Dear God, Saint Seiya? Kenshiro?

Edit 2: And I see Yusuke, Killua and Frieza. *faints*

Edit 3: Jesus, and Hiei, Shishio and Toguro. I'm preordering now. :worship:

LumRanmaYasha

Enishi isn't in the game, but Shishio is.

The best part about the game for me is the fact Arale is in it. Playing as her and kicking the crap out of guys like Kenshiro, Goku, and Joseph would be AMAZING. Also, I'm so happy that Bobobo is well-remembered enough to be in the game, considering the series ended a while ago and while I knew it was popular, I didn't know if it was enough to be represented. One thing that's wierd to me is that, for a game celebrating Shonen Jump's 45th anniversary, they don't have stuff like Slam Dunk, Prince of Tennis, Captain Tsubasa, Death Note, Shaman King etc. represented even though those series played a significant part in Jump's history (Slam Dunk was part of the early 90's big three next to DB and YYH for crying out loud!). That feels kinda off to me, especially since there are so many newer but less significant series represented. Still, it looks like one hell of a badass game. Too bad for the obvious reasons it'll never be localized.   :-\

gunswordfist

I assumed those basketball player looking characters were from Slam Dunk.

LumRanmaYasha

That was Kuroko from Kuroko no Basket. The only other sports manga character in the game is from a volleyball manga that's running in Jump right now called Haikyu.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Killua beating the shit out of Toguro with yo-yo's....I can't believe that's a thing....much less a playable thing. If I actually owned a PS3, I think I would die from sheer awesomeness. Sure, the gameplay would probably be mediocre as hell, but the massive novelty of it all would shamelessly win me over.

gunswordfist

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 27, 2013, 04:13:40 PM
The fighting games I want (in no order):
Soul Calibur 4
Blazblue
Guilty Gear
The 2 2d KOFs for 360
Garou MOTW
Fatal Fury Special
Capcom Vs. SNK 2
I meant to say Soul Calibur 5. I also want Samurai Shodown II and any good Tekken.
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on February 21, 2014, 07:53:13 PM
Kurapika beating the shit out of Toguro with yo-yo's....I can't believe that's a thing....much less a playable thing. If I actually owned a PS3, I think I would die from sheer awesomeness. Sure, the gameplay would probably be mediocre as hell, but the massive novelty of it all would shamelessly win me over.
Kurapika?  :>

Grave

The more I see of Guilty Gear Xrd the more I want it now. All the videos I've seen of it so far hasn't been the greatest quality, but the game still looks gorgeous (I don't use that word). Too bad there's no Johnny, but I definitely see either DLC or so many expansions with more characters coming.

Capcom is also trying very hard with Ultra Street Fighter 4, and they might get me interested in it again with this edition select. To casual players this won't matter at all, but I'm very interested in seeing the strongest version of each character pitted against each other.

I might give BlazBlue another go as well

Guilty Gear XXAC+R is too good. Don't know which is better. GGXXAC+R or 3rd Strike.