Pixar! Their Films, Your Favorites, and More

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 09:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Apparently the dinosaur movie they were doing was supposed to be out this year but it got pushed back? Oh well, at least the next film out won't be a sequel.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Yep, this is the first year since 2005 that there won't be a Pixar movie released.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

What's their reasoning for not having it out this year?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 03, 2014, 03:39:39 PM
What's their reasoning for not having it out this year?
The dinosaur movie was supposed to be out this year but had production problems that pushed it back. So, no Pixar film this year.

Unfortunately, since Pixar movies are the few things I go to see in the theater that aren't adaptions.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Pixar films have been rather below-the-gold-standard recently, so they could probably use the year off. It's for the best.

It'll also be fun to see the Motion Picture Academy panic while their precious Oscar default contender bows out. :sly:

talonmalon333

Quote from: Daikun on February 03, 2014, 05:42:45 PM
Pixar films have been rather below-the-gold-standard recently, so they could probably use the year off.

I'd agree if you meant everything other than Brave. That one was great.

Daikun

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 03, 2014, 05:58:30 PMI'd agree if you meant everything other than Brave. That one was great.

It was good, but not Pixar gold standard. It really could've been much better.

talonmalon333

That depends. What would you qualify as the Pixar gold standard?

Dr. Insomniac

talonmalon333

In that case, everything is golden standard. Even the first Cars, maybe.

Avaitor

Quote from: Daikun on February 03, 2014, 05:42:45 PM
It'll also be fun to see the Motion Picture Academy panic while their precious Oscar default contender bows out. :sly:
Well don't forget, they didn't even nominated Monsters U this year.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on February 03, 2014, 07:48:47 PMWell don't forget, they didn't even nominated Monsters U this year.

Interesting. I thought they would do that.

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 03, 2014, 06:38:30 PMThat depends. What would you qualify as the Pixar gold standard?

Toy Story

talonmalon333

This is how it goes for me.

Tier 1 (Golden Standard): Toy Story, Toy Story 3, Toy Story 2, Up
Tier 2: WALL-E, Finding Nemo, Brave, The Incredibles
Tier 3: Monsters Inc., A Bug's Life, Ratatouille
Tier 4: Cars, Cars 2

LumRanmaYasha

I'd put Wall-E in the first tier, but other than that, I can agree with those rankings.

Avaitor

New blog!