Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated

Started by Avaitor, February 11, 2011, 11:01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I've been wanting to get back into this one for a while. I watched it for a while at first, but I got tired of how it focused more on the relationship aspects than the mysteries or Scooby themselves, but at the same time, I thought it was funny, and the mystery elements worked a lot better than just about any other Scooby-Doo show.

Is it worth getting back into? I think I stopped watching back in October, so does anyone know if I should bother to see what I missed?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Neomysterion X. Prime

When they have new episodes of the show, I'd consider it.
Anywho, I liked Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc. more than Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue. Mystery Inc. feels more like a throwback to the old Scooby-Doo, only with more thrills if you ask me.

Daxdiv

It's still the same show as it was before. They still focus on the relationship aspects, but from what I can tell, Velma and Shaggy is kind of broken right now.

But when it does air on TV, I do recommend that you check out the Mystery Solvers State Finals episode. I plunked down the money on iTunes to watch it. It felt more like a Scooby Doo cartoon than the rest of Mystery Inc. has. The animation and art style in this episode was a throwback to how they were drawn back in the day, and it also has appearances by Jabberjaw, Captain Caveman, Funky Phantom, and Speed Buggy. Also, the episode is more focused on the Great Dane itself, rather than the humans. Also, I think the best part about it is how it's a standalone episode, rather than tied to the overall plot that they're doing.

Spark Of Spirit

I just saw the Batman/Scooby Doo segment in the Batmite episode. Great stuff.

I would have preferred a real crossover of B&TB and this show, though. Would have been a nice twist instead of just a (albeit very funny) parody.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

So... did anyone else catch the new episode that premiered tonight? I thought it was a pretty good outing all things considering. Really liked the use of Captain Caveman, Jabberjaw and Speedy Buggy. Mascots represent.

Avaitor

Yeah, I'm going to have to watch that soon. Sounds like fun.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Crap, I forgot it was on. Would have enjoyed that one.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Shame, it really was like an homage to the old HB detective cartoons, except the gimmick side kick was more useful this go around instead of being the usual comedy relief. Don't worry, they still were themselves for the most part, or at least what I remember of watching Jabberjaw and Caveman.

That and I do like how they made the art style similar to what the original Scooby Doo was like in this episode. Can't imagine this episode working with the current art style of this series.

Eddy

The episode with Jabberjaw, Speed Buggy, and Captain Caveman was amazing.

I don't go out of my way to watch this show, but when I catch it on I really enjoy it. This coming from someone who has never liked Scooby-Doo anything up until now.

Kiddington

Yeah, the Hanna-Barbera "throwback" episode was pretty cool. Almost made me a believer in this show... almost.

For the most part, though, it kinda bores me just as much as every other past Scooby series. I do appreciate that they are, at least, trying to be funny with this one (Fred's dad, I believe, has had some really good one-liners already), but most of it just doesn't really work for me. That, and the ridiculous, over-the-top melodrama romantic angle that they've taken with Shaggy and Velma. For me, that was almost a deal breaker.

Haven't watched it in a while, though. I should probably try and get back into again, at some point; see if I like it any better the second time around.

Dr. Insomniac

The last episode I watched was the one where Harlan Ellison guest-starred as a slightly less pissed off version of himself. Now that was something the previous Scooby series didn't have in their favor.