Young Justice

Started by Avaitor, January 26, 2011, 08:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

So the show has finally resumed. Geez, CN is dragging this out. By the time we finally get through season 1, the show will have started almost two years ago. These breaks are killing the pacing.

Speaking of which, these recent episodes have been great. Misplaced was an interesting episode, but Coldhearted was a bit more straightforward. I still can't wait for this season tor each its end so I can actually watch them all the way through.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, the constant breaks really kill the pacing for me. This is especially true when continuity comes into play and certain parts of episodes reference past events that I don't quite remember that well since those are from episodes that aired months ago which I haven't seen since they first aired.

That said, the last 2 episodes were pretty stand-alone for the most part and they were each solid episodes in their own right. I'm not surprised to see Zatanna joining the team (I think it was obvious from her first appearance that she would eventually become a future full-time member), but what I liked about her episode was the circumstances which forced her to join. I can't help but feel that she'll blame herself a little for resorting to putting on the mask, which forced her father to strike a deal with Nabu and give himself up to become Dr. Fate in place of her. Anyways, it'll be interesting to see how her character interacts with the other members of the team in future events.

As for the episode Coldhearted, I felt that it was a decent episode centered on Wally, but one thing I hope the writers follow-through with is staying consistent with the character development for certain characters. While Wally is largely the main comic relief of the team and is also known for getting hot-headed and losing focus at time, he realized in this episode that acting that way in a mission can really have dire consequences, in this case on someone else's life. That doesn't mean that I expect him to make a full change, but it'll be nice if future episodes can subtly show him having a more focused and serious attitude than he previously did when he and the team or on a real mission. I've seen too many shows that have episodes dedicated to characters learning a specific lesson, and then having them make the same mistakes repeated over and over again in future episodes. I think that the writers for this series have been pretty good with the characters so far, though, so I'm pretty sure they'll stay consistent with the character development for each character throughout the series.

Avaitor

I'd totally watch Hello Megan if it was real.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Unfortunately I missed this week's episode, being that I completely forgot that the show was on Friday nights (for some reason I kept thinking it was on Saturday). Anyways, does anyone know when (or if) CN airs YJ reruns of newly aired episodes?

Spark Of Spirit

It actually airs on Saturday mornings now. I don't have any idea what they're doing with this show, it's actually kind of frustrating.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

It's a part of DC Nation, which is their one hour animation block of DC Shows and shorts they air on Saturday. I think there's a repeat of the block on Sunday as well. It starts at 10 with new Green Lantern and then 10:30 is Young Justice episodes.

Avaitor

Yeah, there's a repeat on Sunday mornings, so you should be good to go.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Oh, that sounds nice. I'll have to look up what time it is, but I'll definitely try to make sure that I catch it tomorrow morning.

Spark Of Spirit

Oh, I've gotta say that they pretty much nailed late '70s/early '80s sitcoms with Hello Megan's theme song. "Created by Greg Vietti & Brandon Weisman" was a good touch too, lol.  ;D

I don't want to spoil the rest for EK yet, but it's another great episode.

Daxdiv

Yes it was. I caught it on my cable provider's On Demand service. That reveal near the end... man... all this time she was a liar, a filthy dirty liar. How does it feel to lie to your friends, you liar! :P

OK, who took me seriously with that? I was seriously getting Persona 4 vibes during that reveal with her true self being revealed. Other than that, I did like how they name drop Garfield Logan in this episode and how he might get his powers in the YJ universe, and Hello Megan theme song. Felt like a theme song you would hear in an 80's sitcom.

Spark Of Spirit

Interesting ideas with Project Match. They clearly put in some ideas from Match and Superboy Prime from the comics as well as a bit of Luthor's early encounters with Superboy.

Though th ending does raise the question of what else Luthor has done to Connor when he wasn't aware. I think this makes it rather obvious that he's not the real mole. Or at least the "intentional" one.

Spark Of Spirit

Okay, we're nearing the end of season one! (And apparently season 2 is starting the week right after) So how is everyone else feeling?

Red Arrow just came to the conclusion that there is no mole, after the team took down Parasite. But there's still two episodes left in the season, so who knows what could happen?

Daxdiv

So far, I'm taking that Red Arrow thinking that M'gann, Artemis, and Connor aren't the mole and that it might be the one we least suspect. M'gann is just a liar with her episode where we learned where Megan came from and her true self of being a White Martian, Artemis comes from a family of villains, so I can see her trying to be a hero as a way to show that she's different seeing as how I thought she didn't like being associated with them, while Connor while he does have access to Superman's power thanks to Lex, I don't think it could be him.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

After all of this build-up, I must admit that I'd be kind of ticked off if there didn't turn out to be a mole on the team. I mean, its a cool concept that one of the well-established characters/heroes of this team could be a traitor, or at least have their own agenda and motivations that are causing them to have to betray the team against their will, and I'd like to see a nice twist on that by the end of this season.

Peanutbutter

I really can't wait to see the last two episodes of season one. I wonder if it's a two-parter like the pilot? Either way, I kind of wish they could air them both but it's fine.

I'm really looking forward to finding out what The Light's Master Plan really is. If I have to guess, I'd say they'll use that fragment of Starro to brainwash all of the planet's ordinary people into attacking the Justice League, but really I think at this point it could be anything. As for who the spy is, I don't see how it would make sense for it to be Red Arrow. I'm beginning to think it's Aqualad although the fact they said he doesn't know Black Manta is his father still makes that a bit cloudy for me.

It should be great this week though.