Horror

Started by Avaitor, February 07, 2011, 02:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

Best way to have done the Dark Universe was just to make it like the old Universal Monster verse but with more tighter, consistent plotting and world building. Judging from reviews of the Tom Cruise Mummy and Dracula Untold, however, that's not what they were going for. Horror's not really something you'd need to bill upfront as a shared Universe, but done right it would enhance the bleakness. I'm all for the concept, and seeing remakes of Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman and House of Dracula would be cool, but Universal went about it the wrong way.

Daikun

A Child's Play reboot is coming to theaters later this year.

Brad Dourif isn't reprising his iconic role as Chucky, but you know who's taking his place instead?
MARK FREAKING HAMILL! :swoon:

Daikun

Markness

Jacob's Ladder (The original 1990 movie, not the throwaway 2019 visual trash masquerading as a remake!), anyone?

Dr. Insomniac

Watched Us a couple days ago and liked that. Didn't like it as much as Get Out, but it had its moments.

Dr. Insomniac

I knew the Friday the 13th rights were in in a tangle, but I didn't realize it was this bad. So one guy owns ideas from the first movie like Pamela, Jason, Camp Crystal Lake, while another guy owns the hockey mask and the concept of Jason growing up to become a serial killer, which means any attempt to bring back Jason can't use anything that mainstream audiences associate with Jason.

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

I don't know if it'd be cool or if it'll suck if we get a good Predator AND Hellraiser film this year that are both stuck on Hulu. I only just got around to Prey, but I wish I could have seen this on the big screen like it deserves to be seen.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Well, if Halloween Ends sucks or not, at least Laurie remembered her other daughter.

Avaitor

I finally got around to Halloween Kills, and yeah, it's pretty damn dumb.

But it's funny, I come from a pretty small town like Haddonfield, and I can tell you right away that if we had a similar event like that one night 40 years ago, it wouldn't be something that defines the town like they allow it to over here. Yes, small towns love to gossip, but serial killer travesties are a line most people know to not cross. Weirdo fangirls aside.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Curious to see your thoughts on Ends if you ever decide to bite on that one. It's pretty universally panned, but it is interestingly bad due to making some really bizarre story decisions.

Dr. Insomniac

Though I did see that the RedLetterMedia guys really enjoyed the film much to their shock, they hated Kills last year and their prior opinions on other Halloween films mostly align with fan consensus, and I've witnessed a bizarre amount of Corey fans spawn from the film's release, so I guess the movie's found its followers.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Watched Summer of 84 and absolutely loved it. Can't believe this one flew under my radar for so long. It's essentially a much darker take on the 80's nostalgia kick that we've seen so much in TV and movies in the last several years, but still with enough of a wholesome aspect to the core friendship of the main characters to make you care about them. It's intense in the second half since they don't feel "safe" or guarded by plot armor like you expect in much lighter fare.

talonmalon333

I saw Halloween Ends last night, maybe one of the worst in the series?

Spoiler
Did the Cory storyline feel a bit pointless, once it all ended with Lauren vs Michael, anyway? His storyline was weird anyway, but you could almost cut it out and the last 20 minutes would be the same

Also, I could've done without someone's tongue get chopped off. I'll always appreciate how minimal the violence was a in the original Halloween.
[close]