The Greatest Anime Episode Ever Tournament

Started by LumRanmaYasha, July 10, 2016, 01:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Same as Avaitor.

Do you still plan to vote on this match GSF? Otherwise I'll close the match tomorrow morning.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Well, the morning has long passed so...

Results:

Mr. Osomatsu #1: "Osomatsu-kun Returns" - 15
Hunter x Hunter (2011) #126: "Zero × And × Rose" - 8
Yu Yu Hakusho #84: "Kurama's Anger, Gourmet's Guest" - 7
Fate/Zero #24: "The Last Command Spell" - 10

"Osomatsu-kun Returns" and "The Last Command Spell" move on to round 3! The next match will be up shortly!

Avaitor

I think that I'll have to go same as listed.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Under the Sky so Blue
The Cross-Shaped Wound
Miracle of Doha
Dengaku-Man: Pixie or Pit-bull? He'll Love You or Hate You!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Dengaku-Man: Pixie or Pit-bull? He'll Love You or Hate You!
Under the Sky so Blue
The Cross-Shaped Wound
Miracle of Doha

Sorry about not updating this game in a while. Was sidetracked with other things and kept forgetting about it. I'll move us onto the next match later tonight, so if you still want to vote on this match you have a couple more hours to do so.

VLordGTZ

"Under the Sky so Blue"
"Dengaku-Man: Pixie or Pit-bull? He'll Love You or Hate You!"
"The Cross-Shaped Wound"
"Miracle of Doha"

LumRanmaYasha

Results:

Rurouni Kenshin Trust and Betrayal #4: "The Cross-Shaped Wound" - 11
Trigun #26 : "Under the Sky so Blue" - 14
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo #26: "Dengaku-Man: Pixie or Pit-bull? He'll Love You or Hate You!" - 10
Space Brothers #28: "Miracle of Doha" - 5

"The Cross-Shaped Wound" and "Under the Sky so Blue" move on to round 3! The next match will be up shortly.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

"Haruhi in Wonderland!"
"Splitting of the Breast"
"Koromon's Great Battle in Tokyo!"
"Justice Part 2"

Spoiler

OHSHC #13 is a great dissection of Haruhi's, breaking down her studious, self-serious personality and confronting her abandonment issues and how much she misses her mother.

NGE #16 breaks down Shinji's need for self-validation and his self-depreciating nature, criticizing him for wallowing in self-defeating thoughts rather than strive for self-improvement. It also provides more exploration of Asuka's inferiority complex, Rei showing rare moments of emotion and concern about Shinji's situation, and Misato becoming totally disillusioned with NERV, prompting her to seek answers for herself. There's a lot of character stuff, details, and development in this episode, making it a cornerstone episode of the series for sure.

DA #21 has an eerily surreal atmospheric courtesy of episode director Mamoru Hosoda and presents a rare and interesting moral conflict for a children's show protagonist, in which Taichi is tempted by the comforts of home and his duty to help his friends in the Digital world.

JJBA:SC #15 is a lot of fun thanks to a combination of Enyaba's vindictiveness towards an utterly clueless Polnareff and Jotaro outwitting her in what is simultaneously one of his funniest and most badass moments.
[close]