Gravity Falls

Started by Mr. Big, June 16, 2012, 08:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

No new episode this week. And that took all of 3 weeks.

Yeeeep, Disney's annual burial is already starting; once again it's gonna lose traction before it even gets off the ground. Fuck man, just give the show to a network that's actually gonna, you know, care about it. I feel like at this point we'll be lucky if we even get the rest of Season 2 before 2016, let alone a 3rd season (unless I'm just being overly paranoid here and there IS a new ep scheduled in the not-too-distant future; feel free to stop me at any time here guys).

Spark Of Spirit

They haven't really been treating any of their animated shows particularly well, so I wouldn't say it means more to Gravity Falls than other shows. That said, it's been a while since a Disney Channel show has run less than three seasons or 65 episodes so I hold out hope for this one to at least make it to one of those milestones.

I hope it does, because so far season 2 has corrected every issue I had with the first one.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Yeah, I haven't been hearing much about Wander Over Yonder lately, and P&F became one of their worst performing shows in the past year or two.

Disney seems lost with their animated work right now, which is a shame, since it seemed like they were stepping into the right direction.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

The next episodes are on September 12 and 19.

Looks like the premieres are moving back to Disney Channel. They're not scheduled for Disney XD right now.

RacattackForce

Quote from: Daikun on August 19, 2014, 01:30:25 AM
The next episodes are on September 12 and 19.

Looks like the premieres are moving back to Disney Channel. They're not scheduled for Disney XD right now.
Disney XD premieres are scheduled for September 8th and 15th, so they're sticking with the current idea of all their animated series being under the XD brand (if you can call Disney XD a brand).

Daikun

The newest episode premiered tonight.

Spoiler
Bill is back.
[close]

Peanutbutter

Surprised with how soon they brought Bill back. I like that they have their own version of Mxyzptlk/Q in this show. Wonder if the Author of the journals is what this season is building up to.

Avaitor

I especially enjoyed the Muppet tribute at the end.

Also, Vinylmations are coming!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Pharass

Quote from: Peanutbutter on September 09, 2014, 08:33:25 AM
Surprised with how soon they brought Bill back. I like that they have their own version of Mxyzptlk/Q in this show. Wonder if the Author of the journals is what this season is building up to.

Yeah, that surprised me as well, wasn't excepting to see him return until much later into the season. Not that I'm complaining, Bill is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters in the show.

I liked how they subverted the whole "the audience thinks everything is part of the show"- cliche at the end.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Dr. Insomniac

RacattackForce

Avaitor

I saw Marquis's earlier, and it cracks me up!

New blog!

Avaitor

Oh yeah, and this week's episode was pretty good, as well. It was nice to see Soos be the focus for a change. My favorite part was when his date called out how weird it is for him to rely on kids like Dipper and Mabel to save the day.

New blog!

Daikun

Did you guys check today's episode? It's one of the biggest spoileriffic episodes for the whole season.

Spark Of Spirit

I know this hasn't been posted in for awhile, but I just gotta say it.

Season two has been great. I know we're only halfway through the season, but barring a massive slip-up, I think I'm good with what I'm saying. Any gripe I had with season one was directly addressed and improved with this season and at the same time both the writing and general stories have been far more enjoyable. It really is a shame Disney is sitting on this show-- it deserves more attention.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton