The Death (& Return?) Of Capcom

Started by Rynnec, July 18, 2011, 08:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I heard they switched from their MT Frameworks engine over to the Unreal engine.

They sure went full westaboo with this game.

Foggle

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on April 10, 2012, 07:21:31 PM
I heard they switched from their MT Frameworks engine over to the Unreal engine.
Damn, I seriously hope not. That'd be stupid as hell! MT Frameworks runs smoother and looks prettier than Unreal 3. What a load of shit.

Spark Of Spirit

MT Framework is the best thing Capcom did this gen.

So it wouldn't surprise me if they ditched it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 10, 2012, 09:47:59 PM
MT Framework is the best thing Capcom did this gen.
It's easily one of the best game engines out right now. It's up there with RED for fuck's sake. Ditching it would be a huge mistake.

Eddy

Oh yeah, isn't another shitty thing Capcom did releasing some crappy iOS port of Mega Man X to celebrate his anniversary?

Foggle

Quote from: Eddy on April 10, 2012, 10:03:46 PM
Oh yeah, isn't another shitty thing Capcom did releasing some crappy iOS port of Mega Man X to celebrate his anniversary?
SGBHDSGKBDSGSDHB

IT BURNS :burn:

Spark Of Spirit

Poor Mega Man.

Remember the huge media blitz for his 15th anniversary? How far Capcom has fallen in 5 freaking years.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Oh, forgot to mention that Lost Planet 3 is outsourced.

To Spark Unlimited.

It just gets better and better!

Foggle

Well, Lost Planet 2 sucked, so this could be a goo--

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 10, 2012, 11:17:24 PM
Spark Unlimited

"Games by Spark Unlimited
Call of Duty: Finest Hour - (GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox)
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty - (PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
Legendary (previously Legendary: The Box) - (PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)"

Oh FUCK no. :anger:

Daxdiv

I never played those games, but they sound like Shovelware. Especially the Cal of Duty one.

Foggle

Legendary and Turning Point are literally two of the worst shooters ever made. Finest Hour is by far the worst Call of Duty.

...Lost Planet 3 is screwed.

Eddy

I'm honestly surprised they're making a Lost Planet 3 at all. Good thing they're outsourcing it to a shitty developer. :wth:

Daxdiv

Quote from: Foggle on April 10, 2012, 11:27:12 PM
Legendary and Turning Point are literally two of the worst shooters ever made. Finest Hour is by far the worst Call of Duty.

...Lost Planet 3 is screwed.

So my assessment in saying that the games were shovelware was right? Capcom, why?

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rynnec on April 10, 2012, 04:35:16 PM
There were people who justified the cancelation of Legends 3 because the first two didn't sell well.

Wonder what they have to say about this?
Fanboy: ....CAPCOM CARES ABOUT THE FANS! IT'S GIVING US WHAT WE WANT DESPITE THE SALES!1

Seriously, this isn't too bad. Especially for Capcom. :sly:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on April 10, 2012, 11:20:20 PM
Well, Lost Planet 2 sucked, so this could be a goo--

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 10, 2012, 11:17:24 PM
Spark Unlimited

"Games by Spark Unlimited
Call of Duty: Finest Hour - (GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox)
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty - (PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
Legendary (previously Legendary: The Box) - (PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)"

Oh FUCK no. :anger:
:D The KINGS of wasted potential. A game about Nazis on American soil (I think that's what the game was about) and a thief opening Pandora's Box and getting superpowers in a FPS filled with monsters sounds great, right? Well it didn't turn out that way. :humhumhum: Watch them give the best game pitch ever and then have the game play worse than a copy of Bubsy 3D.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody