The Death (& Return?) Of Capcom

Started by Rynnec, July 18, 2011, 08:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 17, 2014, 12:51:45 PMI'd be very worried if its Konami.

??? Any reason?

Anyway, I think Valve could be a good buyer. Then they can sell all their games on Steam.

There's also Nintendo...

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daikun on June 17, 2014, 11:21:35 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 17, 2014, 12:51:45 PMI'd be very worried if its Konami.

??? Any reason?
What they did to Hudson Soft is a good starting point. Also what they've done to every property they own not named "Metal Gear" is another. They're fairly awful at managing their properties so if Capcom was bought by them, then all those properties would never see the light of day again.

Personally I'd hope for Nintendo if only for Monster Hunter and Mega Man getting a decent home for themselves not to mention they could probably find ways to make things like Power Stone popular.

But really, anybody with good management would be a step up from current Capcom.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daikun on June 17, 2014, 11:21:35 PM

??? Any reason?

Anyway, I think Valve could be a good buyer. Then they can sell all their games on Steam.

There's also Nintendo...
Get the hell out.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Is it true that Valve bought them?

Daikun

gunswordfist

Did anyone buy them yet?

Daikun

gunswordfist

Is Resident Evil Domination any good? I believe Degeneration was the one I hear that is ass but they have both free on Xbox Live so any even slightly good reason to download them will be enough for me.

gunswordfist

Also, is Millennium Dragon any good?

Daikun

So it seems this happened last week.

Nintendo Visits Capcom

They announced a lot of Capcom games coming to their consoles.

Of course, they never mentioned anything about a buyout, but I noticed that they respond to comments at the end of each episode, and there are a lot of comments saying "BUY CAPCOM! BUY MEGA MAN! BUY [insert Capcom IP of choice]!"

It'll be interesting to see how (or even if) they'll address those comments in the next episode.

RacattackForce

Out of all the companies that people want to buy Capcom, Nintendo seems to be the #1 choice even among those who aren't too fond of the Big N. I wouldn't mind seeing Nintendo get a majority stake in Capcom myself.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If Nintendo buys Capcom and somehow sees fit to continue the proper DMC series through them, that would pretty much confirm that a Wii-U is the best console for this generation (at least as far as playing the games that I'm most interested in). It would be hilarious seeing people bitch about how DMC is no longer on the Play Station, which it used to be exclusive to.

RacattackForce

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on August 08, 2014, 11:19:19 PM
If Nintendo buys Capcom and somehow sees fit to continue the proper DMC series through them, that would pretty much confirm that a Wii-U is the best console for this generation (at least as far as playing the games that I'm most interested in). It would be hilarious seeing people bitch about how DMC is no longer on the Play Station, which it used to be exclusive to.
Considering the shitstorm that arose from Nintendo getting Bayonetta 2 as an exclusive...the anger and vitriol surrounding a Nintendo-only DMC title would be delicious.  :>

Daxdiv

Friendly reminder that the latest Puzzle Swap Panel is of Mega Man. Retro Mega Man. I don't know what this mean, but it sounds good.

RacattackForce

Quote from: Daxdiv on August 09, 2014, 12:49:40 AM
Friendly reminder that the latest Puzzle Swap Panel is of Mega Man. Retro Mega Man. I don't know what this mean, but it sounds good.
It might be to celebrate the recent releases of the NES Mega Man titles on Virtual Console.