Video Game Music

Started by talonmalon333, December 31, 2010, 12:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Playing through Sly 2 again. This one is definitely my favorite in the series.

And on that note, I love Dimitri's theme music!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on March 18, 2012, 08:29:12 PM
Playing through Sly 2 again. This one is definitely my favorite in the series.

And on that note, I love Dimitri's theme music!
Yeah, the Sly games have some wicked soundtracks.

I like the first game's mix of fast paced yet stealthy platforming which sounds awesome.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

God yes. That track is also amazing. Love everything about the composition of it.

Spark Of Spirit

I would love to see more platformers bring the Funk as well as the Jazz and Rock that they already do.

Platformers can do any genre.  ;D
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Hell yeah. Great music right there, too! I haven't played Warioland: Shake It. Is it worth picking up?

If I ever get a chance to design a video game, it'll be a combination 3D platformer and beat 'em up (or hack 'n slash) with a soundtrack composed entirely of funk, surf rock, and psychobilly. Someone needs to start asking me for ideas, already. :P

Spark Of Spirit

The game's somewhat of an acquired taste. If you just run through the levels, it's quite an easy game. But if you find all the hidden treasures and complete all the missions and secret levels, then it's really hard. But the game is fun, and the bosses are amazing some of the best in a Nintendo game since Yoshi's Island, IMO. If you like platformers, you'll have a fun time.

And because it's the music thread, here's another track from the game.

Spark Of Spirit

Normally I wouldn't do three posts on the same game, but I just had to.

Since I've been replaying it, I've been rediscovering how underrated it really is. That song really stuck with me throughout the level.

Foggle

Been playing a lot of Metal Gear (MSX) lately. Sometimes I let myself get spotted on purpose just so I can listen to this song...

Kiddington

Toxic Tower (Donkey Kong Land 2)
Map Theme (Donkey Kong Land 2)

I love the transition they made on the soundtrack from DKC to DKL. Some of these songs just sound fantastic in 8-bit, IMO.

Spark Of Spirit

Come on Foggle, how can you hate this?

Foggle

I like that a lot, actually. The version in the game grates on my nerves.

Spark Of Spirit

Darkwing Duck!

I like how noir-y the soundtrack was, yet still upbeat and platform-y, and still like the show.

Eddy

I love the soundtrack to Darkwing Duck. I'd say it's easily the most underrated classic Disney game out there. It was great.

Bushroot's stage was always my favorite song.

Kiddington

Well, since we were talking about a bit the other day, here are a couple of my favorite Kirby 64 tracks. In addition to the usual Kirby classics, this game has some great original music.

Boss (slight remix of Dreamland 3's boss theme, but different for the most part)
Desert (Main Theme)
Factory
Ripple Star
Ruins
SUGAR RUSH
Underground Theme #2

...and last but not least, something so un-Kirby like, you can't help but love it.

Eddy

Oh yeah, Kirby 64 had a great soundtrack. I really loved the Factory theme myself.

And, of course, Zero-Two.