Nickelodeon's Live Action

Started by Commode, January 16, 2011, 01:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Called it- Arnold's going to be on the block.
Didn't call it- Rocko will be too
Called it- Clarissa will be removed
Didn't call it- Doug will be, too

Cool, I say. I'll miss Clarissa, but I don't mind being taken off. I wish they went with shows not being released on DVD, but at least they're both good shows.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Beat me to it. Here's a link, if anyone cares.

Meh. I'm fine with Arnold, but honestly... like I said before, I'm burnt out on Rocko. I've seen pretty much every episode on a fairly recent basis (minus the holiday specials, because Nicktoons never airs those), and given that the show is currently still on Nicktoons, this really adds nothing new to the block at all.

Don't get me wrong; I love Rocko. It's a fantastic series, and definitely one of Nick's best... but unlike many of these other classic Nicktoons/live-action series, it's quite readily available for viewing through other avenues, at the moment. From the beginning, I was hoping this block would be more of a showcase for those particular series that are harder to find, especially those that we won't be getting on DVD, probably ever. Glad All That is staying (that's one of 'em), but I was really hoping Legends would have been in the rotation somewhere. Also pretty disappointed that Clarissa was given the axe, but we all kinda seen that coming anyway.

Oh well. I'll still watch... it's just not my ideal lineup, mind you (but, really, there's not a lot you can do with only two hours to work with anyway).

Avaitor

Ugh, just noticed the poll. How did I miss this?

Yeah, Arnold won it by a landslide, but Salute Your Shorts was second, above Rocko. Why didn't it make it on (ps, just voted for that)? Angry Beavers, Alex Mack, Weinerville, and Hey Dude were on it, too.

On another note, watching the Wild and Crazy Kids episode up on the video page. I haven't seen this show in... ever?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Kiddington

Aww, really? We could've had Salute Your Shorts instead?  :wth:

Damn, I would have taken it. Haven't seen that show in... wow, must be over 10 years now, at least. Eh, maybe next time.

Avaitor

So... does the schedule change start this week, or the one after? I'm still not really sure about that.

I've also been taking this chance to watch some of the episodes put on the streaming section, specifically the ones that aren't a part of the block. I was holding off on watching stuff on there, since I wasn't sure what would go on next, but since we know what's going to be a part of the next schedule, I'm taking that chance.

I mentioned watching Wild and Crazy Kids the other day, and also mentioned that I wasn't sure if I ever actually saw this show as a kid. The episode put up was pretty fun. I would've definitely enjoyed this back then, which leads me to think that I never did watch it, since I would have clearer memories of the show in that case.

Also caught the Wild Thornberrys ep up, just out of curiosity. I forgot that they would occasionally bring over random kids to join the Thornberry clan for a few episodes at a time. The little cousin of Eliza's was annoying, but I enjoyed the episode a little more then I was expecting to. It looks like a later one, and I don't remember ever watching it. I particularly enjoyed the subplot with Nigel teaching fizz ed with Debbie and Donnie. I always preferred those characters to Eliza, Darwin, and Marianne, which explains why I couldn't get into their story as much.

New blog!

Kiddington

Last time I looked on DirecTV's guide, it still had the original lineup posted. Of course, that may simply mean they haven't updated it yet; it took 'em a good two weeks or so before they registered 2-Stupid Dogs airing on CN, among other things.

Avaitor

Looks like we're wrong. The schedule change starts next week. We have another week of the same four shows starting tonight.

And I think the block's player is being weird for me. They just promoted that there's a Wild Thornberrys ep now up on there, and when I get there, I see a new Legends instead. There was also supposed to be a Rugrats episode up yesterday, but I still can't find it. Go figure.

When I get home, I'll watch that Legends ep.

New blog!

Kiddington

Eh... it's taking 'em long enough. Hopefully, when the next schedule change comes after this upcoming one, it won't take them a month and a half to make it.

I'll be interested to see where they start both Rocko and Hey Arnold on the rotation. Both shows have their first seasons available on DVD (just like Clarissa), and with that, they started in the middle of the second season. I'd definitely like to see some late-run Arnold stuff get the green light in this case, as I've never seen a good majority of those post-movie episodes.

Avaitor

I haven't seen a lot of those lately. I don't remember liking the show at the end of its run as much as the earlier ones, but I'd like to see some of that era again.

Also, love LOTHT. Still my favorite game show.

New blog!

Avaitor

So yeah, the shows premiere next week, but it looks like an hour of both Rocko and Arnold are airing on Monday, with no All That or Kenan & Kel. Since that's the only night I can access now, I can't tell if that's a one night thing or what. Probably is, though.

And they're starting at season 1. If it's just going to be those 2 shows that night, I'm not even recording.

New blog!

Avaitor

What the fuck.

After season 3 of All That airs... they're going back to season 2. Apparently those are the only 2 seasons that they can air now. Bullshit.

New blog!

Kiddington

WAT

Is there any given reason for this? Rights issues can't be that big of a problem, can they? I mean, come on; Nick owns the goddamn show! They should be able to air all of it.

Avaitor

I think they're just really bad with finding masters for the show. They've also skipped a few episodes of season 3, so that may just be it.

Edit: Ish had a convo with one of the admins for the page, and here's what they came up with.

The '90s Are All That ‎@John there are complications. We are currently only able to play season 2 and 3, and are busy working on obtaining other '90s shows to air later in the year. Though it may seem that '90s is a separate entity on Nick, it is ran by the folks that also work on Nicktoons, TeenNick, and the Nickelodeon channels and thus have other channel needs that must be met.
9 hours ago ·

The '90s Are All That It's possible later on. Licenses and rights for the shows tend to have an expiration date.
9 hours ago · Like ·  1 person

New blog!

Kiddington

Huh. Well... that sucks.

...can't help but beg the question, though; if Nick no longer owns the rights to All That, then who does? Dan Schneider? Brian Robbins? Some faceless corporate entity that doesn't give a damn?

Avaitor

We're assuming Tollin Robbins, who produced the show.

Hopefully, Nick will realize that they have a plethora of other series they can air instead of repeating repeats they've already put on, and will replace AT with something else at that point. Maybe Salute Your Shorts, or even Legends, considering how often they bring it up on the FB page.

New blog!