The Simpsons

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 29, 2011, 09:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nel_Annette

I have the first fourteen. Fifteen is the last season I like, but I'm waiting until I can find the DVD at a lower price. Screw $40.

talonmalon333

When do you guys predict this show will finally come to an end?

Daikun

Quote from: talonmalon333 on April 23, 2013, 12:06:49 PMWhen do you guys predict this show will finally come to an end?

2050 :sly:

The Shadow Gentleman

So I'm going to watch the first 10 seasons.

I'll post my thoughts about each season when I finish it.

Spark Of Spirit

Cool, I'd like to here 'em.v :)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

The Shadow Gentleman

Season One
                                                                        *Foggle voice* Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

One thing that I noticed as that there isn't a lot of early installment weirdness (for the most part). The characters all seem fairly well defined. I really like how, unlike a lot of sitcom families, you can actually believe these people really love each other. Not as many moments I found laugh out loud funny, but the humor still works just fine. I might not buy this season on DVD though.

Favorite Episodes: Bart the General, The Telltale Head, and Krusty Gets Busted

Favorite Quote: "If cartoons were meant for adults, they'd put them on in prime time."

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah season 1 is a solid start, it's probably because the shorts helped to define the characters early.

The only episodes that seem really off to me are The Crepes Of Wrath, Some Enchanted Evening, and the one where Homer is the most reasonable and least embarrassing family member.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 31, 2013, 11:39:37 AM
, and the one where Homer is the most reasonable and least embarrassing family member.

For me the only part I liked in that episode was the part where they all shocked each other in that therapy session. Other than that, it does feel out of place for the Simpsons.

But yeah, my favorite episodes in Season 1 are pretty much the same as SG's.

Commode

Homer's Odyssey is the only episode I don't like, mainly because the characterizations are way off.  Homer himself changes character like three or four times alone in the episode.

And I find Some Enchanted Evening interesting just because of the production history of that episode.  It almost killed the show before it even got off the ground.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on May 31, 2013, 01:12:17 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 31, 2013, 11:39:37 AM
, and the one where Homer is the most reasonable and least embarrassing family member.

For me the only part I liked in that episode was the part where they all shocked each other in that therapy session. Other than that, it does feel out of place for the Simpsons.

But yeah, my favorite episodes in Season 1 are pretty much the same as SG's.
Oh yeah, that segment was good.

But it still illustrated how out of character Homer was since he went right back into being normal Homer in the sequence.

Avaitor

I haven't seen much of season 1 in a while, but I remember exactly what you're talking about. I think it was a good idea that they swept this aspect of Homer under the rug almost immediately.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Some Enchanted Evening is an interesting story (production wise), but it's just too weird and kinda hard to watch given all that. The shifts in animation are still noticeable, and really, I always found it to easily the weakest episode of the season anyway.

...of course, it's been ages since I've even watched Season 1, so it might be time to bust out the DVDs again to see if that's changed at all. I don't remember being a huge fan of The Call of the Simpsons either, for what it's worth.

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Huh, well Matt and Seth are friends, so I never thought this was a complete impossibility. Should hopefully be good.

Lord Il

Quote from: Daikun on July 18, 2013, 02:50:47 PM
Fox has FINALLY given in to peer pressure.
I gotta admit, this could be fun.

There's been playful little shots at each other as well as cameos between these shows for quite a while. It was inevitable.

Since this is going to be a one-shot alternate thing, I'd like to see Maggie pull that pacifier out of her mouth and get the guest voice treatment from someone like Tara Strong - If Stewie can speak and be perfectly understood, so should Maggie. At least for this episode.