The Simpsons

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 29, 2011, 09:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

Hopefully Quagmire won't be anywhere near Marge this time.  :wth:

Avaitor

Quote from: Peanutbutter on July 18, 2013, 06:36:52 PM
Hopefully Quagmire won't be anywhere near Marge this time.  :wth:
One thing's for sure about this special- Fox is going to make sure something like that doesn't happen again.

Also, am I weird for wondering who else will show up in this special? Like other MacFarlane or Groening creations, or maybe KOTH or Bob's Burgers characters?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Il

Quote from: Avaitor on July 18, 2013, 08:24:52 PMAlso, am I weird for wondering who else will show up in this special? Like other MacFarlane or Groening creations, or maybe KOTH or Bob's Burgers characters?
Not weird at all! Since learning of this crossover here today, I'm actually quite intrigued by what could happen. 8)

Commode

Saw this coming honestly, it was only a matter of time.  Both are desperate now for the attention, and Fox will do anything to make money, so it was only natural that this would happen.  The good thing is that this is happening at a time when it can't possibly make either show worse than they already are(in The Simpsons case, nothing's worse than Lady Gaga/Glee/American Idol crossovers they've already done), and actually it might even be watchable.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

LumRanmaYasha

Eh, that Lady Gaga episode wasn't great, but it was far from horrible. Better than it had any right to be honestly.

I love crossovers, but I honestly have zero interest in one between The Simpsons and Family Guy. I'd rather have an animated adaption of The Simpsons/Futurama crossover crises comic, to be perfectly honest. I don't have  any expectations for this, but hopefully it will be a fun watch for the fans of both series.

Goldstar

I'm indifferent about this news. First, I'm not a huge fan of crossovers in general, as most of them have no real story or anything to hold my interest beyond the novelty of "Hey! It's so-and-so on the same screen as such-and-such!" Second, I haven't watched either The Simpsons nor Family Guy in years. This might have been news years ago when TS and FG were relevant, but now, not so much. I might look in on a few minutes of the episode, but I can't say that I'm motivated enough to sit through an entire episode.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Dr. Insomniac

To the guy who thought this was a good idea.

Silverstar

Good one, Doc.  :lol:

But yeah, this would be news to me if a) I still watched either show and b) both shows weren't already well past their prime. Now this whole thing just smacks of "attention-grabbing ratings gimmick". All I can say about this is "OK, so that's happening. Now, are there any Twinkies left?"  :thinkin:
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Commode

Well hey, at least there's gonna be a Simpsons/Futurama crossover as well.

Shit, maybe the end of the show is coming after all.  It sure seems like an exit stage left.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Comeau on July 20, 2013, 07:20:34 PM
Well hey, at least there's gonna be a Simpsons/Futurama crossover as well.

Shit, maybe the end of the show is coming after all.  It sure seems like an exit stage left.

In the back of my mind, that's what I've been thinking as well. That this isn't necessarily only a ratings stunt, but a weird way of The Simpsons officially passing the torch just before they leave.

gunswordfist

There are Simpsons/Futurama comics?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Commode

There have been Simpsons/Futurama comics almost as long as there has been Simpsons/Futurama TV shows.  The Simpsons alone has several different series of comics that are released throughout the year(there's a regular Simpsons one, a THOH one, a Bart Simpson's Stories one, and so on).

Don't forget too that Matt Groening is a comic artist at heart, that's where he started out.

gunswordfist

I meant crossover comics
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Lord Il

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/