The Simpsons

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 29, 2011, 09:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

Off topic I know, but I amazed Caroll Spinney is still alive.  Was reading something the other day and it mentioned how he's been performing Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch since day one.  It's just simply amazing he's still able to do it.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

$750 million? The previous press release said it would cost a billion.

I guess FXX got a family discount. Yay, nepotism!

Anyway, I'm glad that Adult Swim didn't wind up being the winner. Hopefully, they can now grow up and not depend on Fox as much.

They also don't have any reason to keep the 9PM hour after the new year. Heh heh. Funny how that works out.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Daikun on November 15, 2013, 02:12:23 PM

They also don't have any reason to keep the 9PM hour after the new year. Heh heh. Funny how that works out.

Why? Are they losing King of the Hill?

Daikun

Quote from: Cartoon X on November 15, 2013, 02:46:05 PMWhy? Are they losing King of the Hill?

I don't think they can. I'm just stating that any reason to keep the 9PM hour has been shafted. They had a chance and they blew it.

Commode

Saw this coming. They are gonna try and use the show to save their (unnecessary) new channel, considering it's not doing so hot right now. Fox is also probably hoping this will be a bartering chip to try and get the many cable companies that have the channel in a premium tier to move it down to the basic tier where they want it.

Nel_Annette

Best Buy knocked the price of Season 15 down from $40 to $20, so I finally picked that up almost a year after it came out.

Looking through this episode list, and I can't believe some of these episodes are 10 years old already. I've only just seen some of these in the last three or so years and thought they were newer than that.

Daikun

Avaitor

Is this the same Duff you can get at Universal?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

Okay, so I finally got to go back to Universal yesterday, and made my way through Springfield. The whole place is basically Matt Groening and James L. Brooks' wet dream- a perpetual money-making event for the Simpsons. It's also fun to walk into Moe's and see the Jebediah Springfield bronze statue.

I'll try to post some pictures I took later. And I didn't get a Duff, since I hear that it's basically an overpriced Bud, but I did get a Flaming Moe. It was okay, not sure if it was worth the $8, but I did get to keep the cup. Next time I'll the giant Lard Boy donut. My friends who work there and got me in tried it before, and it was a challenge for the three of them, so we'll see.

New blog!

Commode

Does the Flaming Moe have alcohol in it?  What about cough syrup?

Avaitor

Quote from: Comeau on January 11, 2014, 06:49:00 PM
Does the Flaming Moe have alcohol in it?  What about cough syrup?
Nope, and nope. It kinda tastes like orange soda, with some smoke added in.

New blog!

Avaitor

I went to Toys R Us earlier today and saw that there's a new line of Simpsons figures for the 25th anniversary, this one highlighting particular guest stars from the show. There were classic choices with Hugh Hefner and James Brown, some more modern ones with Tom Hanks and Yao Ming (as well as Homer in basketball gear from that same episode, to keep up with tradition of adding at least one variant of a family member per set), and of all choices, Kid Rock. Why the hell would they want us to remember that train wreck of an episode?

That said, if I had money, I'd consider the James Brown figure.

New blog!

Avaitor

Remember when we did rankings of series by seasons on here? I'm gonna try to do the same for The Simpsons, but without explaining cause I'm kinda rusty at various points of the series.

Season 1- 7/10
Season 2- 8/10
Season 3- 9/10
Season 4- 10/10
Season 5- 9/10
Season 6- 10/10
Season 7- 1010
Season 8- 9/10
Season 9- 8/10
Season 10- 6/10
Season 11- 4/10
Season 12- 4/10

Everything else after that would be a 6 at best, 3 at worst. What do you guys think?

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

I can generally agree with those rankings, though I'd rate seasons 10 and 12 a bit higher myself. That said, I need to revisit parts of the series before I'd do my own rankings, since I haven't rewatched a lot of it in a while, and when I do I tend to just watch seasons 6-10 since I have those on dvd but don't have 2-5, yet.