The Simpsons

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 29, 2011, 09:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

LumRanmaYasha

Spark Of Spirit

Who cares?

... Wow, that was mean. Okay, I'm sorry. I just... can't bring myself to care.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

thats an understatement. that could have been said 5 years ago.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

I'll probably end up watching this when it time to air.

Peanutbutter

The last two seasons have unfortunately been on the mediocre side besides a few episodes. From the preview, it looks really good but that's not really surprising since about all their special episodes have been good.

Skeeter Valentine

I wonder how many girlfriends Bart is going to get this season.

Dr. Insomniac

Daikun

The FXX marathon starts today.

Will you be watching it?

LumRanmaYasha

I'll probably try to catch some episodes from seasons 2-5, since I still don't have the dvd sets for those yet and don't get a chance to rewatch them as often. I doubt I'll be able to watch that much of this, though.

Avaitor

My cable isn't working here, but even if it was, probably not.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

In spite of what I intended, I've been watching this since about episode 3. And I'm enjoying it. A lot.

Man, even after years of shitty episodes, I can still enjoy classic episodes of The Simpsons just as good, if not more, than I ever did.

Lord Dalek

We won't be getting to the "good stuff" until tomorrow. Season 2's aged badly and Season 1 is just awful outside of Crepes of Wrath and Krusty Gets Busted.

Eddy

I'd watch it if I had FXX.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Lord Dalek on August 21, 2014, 05:00:07 PM
We won't be getting to the "good stuff" until tomorrow. Season 2's aged badly and Season 1 is just awful outside of Crepes of Wrath and Krusty Gets Busted.

Mmm, well, I can't say I think a season with episodes like "Bart gets a F" and "Three Men and a Comic Book" has aged too badly, myself.   :P

I don't think season 1 is really any awful, either. The show was definitely finding it's footing, something that it's still working on in season two and doesn't get down until season three, but it came out with some solid episodes and few really bad episodes, imo. Having watched it again, I think episodes like "Bart the General" and "Lisa's Sax," as well as the two episodes you mentioned, are particularly strong efforts, myself.