The Simpsons

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 29, 2011, 09:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

He hasn't done anything for the show since he left with David X. Cohen for Futurama way back in season 10.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

That's why I thought his comment was strange.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Commode

That's strange.  I don't care too much, I stopped at 15 because that was the last season I cared for in any capacity, but why not keep going?  Like with King of the Hill, it just seems weird to have a portion of the sets out, but not all of them.

And yeah, didn't they release like season 20?  So now we have some random season out there all by itself?  Makes no sense.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Insomniac

Maybe DVD sales were decreasing for each season, rendering future installments unprofitable.

gunswordfist

Maybe the show can get cancelled now then.

Avaitor

They seem to blame physical media's decline in sales, but that's only part of it. Only a small portion of hardcore fans would want to own every single season.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

When the show was first being put on DVD, the attention was HUGE, as were the sales. By now anyone who was interested in the show has gotten what they wanted.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Peanutbutter

gunswordfist

So after we are all dead.

Spark Of Spirit

They have staff on the show now that are technically younger than Lisa.

That's weird to think about.

gunswordfist

LumRanmaYasha

I have to wonder just how much a complete series set would cost. Or if making one would even be feasible in the first place.

Foggle

Even for 50 cents per episode it wouldn't be anything close to affordable.

Daikun

It's not just The Simpsons. Fox seems to be ceasing physical media releases of TV shows altogether.