The Simpsons

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 29, 2011, 09:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Just for a laugh, I'm imagining Al Jean keeping the characters by using a soundboard of archived Shearer audio.

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Insomniac

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 14, 2015, 02:10:02 AM
Now it's definitely time to wrap it up. A Simpsons without those characters isn't even worth bothering with.
Amen. Just throw them in the background, my ass!! >:(
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Shearer has officially left the show. His major roles, like Mr. Burns and Flanders, will be recast.

If losing one of it's most integral voice actors can't kill this show, nothing will.

gunswordfist

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

They're actually going to recast?

Wow, I guess those jokes about them recasting Homer if Dan Castellaneta died aren't far from the truth. They actually expect people to accept a recasting after a quarter of a century.

They're crazy.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

The could just as easily write out the power plant entirely, since the show likes to give Homer random new jobs anyway. Besides, Mr. Burns is only used sparingly for old people jokes that fit Abe better, anyway.

But it'd be difficult to imagine the show without Skinner.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on May 14, 2015, 12:25:23 PM
But it'd be difficult to imagine the show without Skinner.
If I was writing I'd just make Superintendent Chalmers the principal as some kind of demotion. Skinner would still be missed, but it's the best choice, really.

Recasting wouldn't even be on my radar.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

The could just as easily write out the power plant entirely
I can't believe I just read this. Also, the rest of your post sounds like the series turned into the last season of Johnny Bravo. :whuh:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 14, 2015, 12:43:48 PM
The could just as easily write out the power plant entirely
I can't believe I just read this. Also, the rest of your post sounds like the series turned into the last season of Johnny Bravo. :whuh:
We're just thinking of ways they could continue the series without recasting characters.

Could you imagine if they recast Lionel Hutz or Troy McClure, for instance? The Simpsons is not a show where recasting really works. Even Maude Flanders' new voice never sat well with me, I can't imagine how a character who has had the same voice for near thirty years could even been remotely tolerable.

Daikun

Avaitor

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Man, this sucks. I don't watch it religiously, but I still enjoy the occasional episode when nothing else is on. Real ballsy of FOX to try to attempt moving on with a recast. There's no way they won't lose a number of people, Shearer had so many roles in the show that I can't imagine how they can write around it all.