Greatest Video Game Ever (Voting)

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, August 12, 2013, 06:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Quote from: talonmalon333 on October 12, 2013, 01:01:14 AM
SMG2 is currently my prediction for the winner of this tournament.

Wasn't a bad prediction. :P

But congrats to OoT! I think AR is the only forum where I'd be somewhat surprised this game won (simply because I assumed it wasn't even the overall favorite Zela game of this site). Of course, I can't complain.

Good results!

Foggle

I don't think there is an overall favorite Zelda game on this site. It seems like almost all of us think a different one is the best. Guess that's what makes the series so special. :thumbup:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm actually quite surprised that SMG2 didn't win the whole competition. Its seemed like it was more than half of this site's favorite game, or at least it felt that way for most people voting in this competition. As for SMB3, I'm glad that it at least tied with SMG3, so that way we could completely avoid having a "last place" pick that felt like the odd one out.

I'm even more surprised that DMC3 made it so far into the competition, let alone at the #2 spot. There is no other site on the Internet (other than a DMC site, obviously) where that would ever happen. I'm glad that the people on this board can give hack n' slash games the recognition and respect that they deserve. It may not be a conventional choice, but it's definitely a worthy choice for one of the best games out there.

As for OoT taking the win, here, it surprised me a bit, but at the same time I think it's deservedly renowned as one of the best games of all time by many games in general, even to this day, and I'm one of the people who feels that way about it, so on that end I am definitely happy to see it win as not only the best Zelda game of this competition, but also the best video game in general.

Grave

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 29, 2013, 05:07:37 PM
Well, that's our collected opinions on what the best games ever are. Thanks to everyone who participated!

You guys can now feel free to share your thoughts on the final results, which weren't at all what I was expecting, but that's what made this competition to damn interesting in the first place, IMO. I can guarantee you that on any other board (that wasn't specifically populated by Nintendo fans), none of these games would have made it this far in the competition, and instead we'd have some showdown between Uncharted and Heavy Rain, which I personally just shudder to think that. I can happily say that I can consider all of the top 4 games in this competition (and even up to the top 16 or so, for that matter), to truly be the best of the best, including some of the games that I still haven't played, or at least haven't played enough of.

Overall, though, I can't say that I'm displeased with the final results, myself. :thumbup:

Well, at any rate, now the #1 pick can go and join Ninja Gaiden Black in the land of video game greatness (which I may or may not have just made up), but of course it is only good enough to serve as NGB's underling. :>

Really? I'd actually be happy to see Uncharted land in the #1 spot for a change, but then again I don't go to many message boards anymore. I always see Ocarina of Time or Mario land in that spot, hence my tiredness for such topics (Gamefaqs, IGN, Gamespot are notorious for that) and whatnot, but this one's been far more interesting since there've been a lot of tough matchups for me. It's just too bad I wasn't here for when this first began otherwise I probably could've made a difference on some outcomes. I will say this, I don't think there's going to be any other place that'll think DMC3 should be in the greatest anything.

gunswordfist

I am surprised DMC3 made it this far. It even looked like it would win the final round.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Not bad.

I just really need to find a PS2 and play DMC's 1 and 3, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on October 29, 2013, 05:39:24 PM
I don't think there is an overall favorite Zelda game on this site. It seems like almost all of us think a different one is the best. Guess that's what makes the series so special. :thumbup:

I just assumed it was Wind Waker and Majora's Mask. They seem to both get more love than OoT on this site.

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 29, 2013, 06:02:34 PM

I'm even more surprised that DMC3 made it so far into the competition, let alone at the #2 spot. There is no other site on the Internet (other than a DMC site, obviously) where that would ever happen. I'm glad that the people on this board can give hack n' slash games the recognition and respect that they deserve. It may not be a conventional choice, but it's definitely a worthy choice for one of the best games out there.

When I think about it more, DMC3 making it that far makes sense. Animation Revelation seems to house a pretty sizable number of hack and slash fans.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I think that everyone should now make it their priority to play whatever games are on the top 16 (and especially the top 4) that they have not played yet. That means that Talon and Desen should try DMC3, I should play the SMG games and other Wii games that I can't play until I actually get a Wii, and Foggle is a rich spoiled-brat, so he's already played all of these games. :>

Spoiler
I'm just mess'n with ya, Foggle. :D
[close]

Foggle

talonmalon333

It actually does seem like Foggle has played the widest variety of games out of us, now that I think about it.

I'll play DMC. I seriously need to get through my pile of games waiting. :oo: