Samurai Jack

Started by gunswordfist, November 15, 2011, 11:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!?!?!!? An annoying romantic episode where Jack treats Ashi like a damsel in distress instead of them actively going after Aku, assembling an army or starting to tie up any loose ends the series has left. There are only 2 episodes left in the entire series. We did not need a relationship with no buildup. I'm pissed
Edit: I also suspected it would be a romantic episode after Jack's first few words and the area they were in but I didn't think it would be THIS bad and I thought the spaceship would be a return of some old character (have no clue who) or part of an end of series villain. Nope, filler monster that was used as a device to get Ashi and Jack to slobber over each other. I like Ashi but I hope she dies before the Aku battle..like in the first few minutes of the next episode.
Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on May 06, 2017, 10:33:51 PM
Why'd they think devoting an episode to Jack and Ashi's sexual tension was a good idea? Why'd they think having a romantic relationship between Jack and Ashi at all was a good idea? Why did we devote time to this filler shit with only two episodes left to go? This episode was like something out of a bad light novel anime, complete with the obligatory female character getting attacked by slime monsters and her clothes dissolving just for a naked fanservice scene where the MC gets flustered in the name of "comedy."

And the season was so good until now too... :imnothappy:
lol I wouldn't say this ruins the season but I agree on all other accounts.

QuoteMaybe some part of Jack still sees a fragment of Aku in Ashi, and having sex with her is his Freudian way of finally dominating Aku.

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

The Freudian explanation sounds pretty stupid, but is it really any dumber than what actually happened?

gunswordfist

I wasn't criticizing, I just never miss an opportunity to post that gif  :D

Daxdiv

Finally watches episode, it feels like seeing someone's Fanfiction of Jashi in action. Sweet Jebus Crops. It was still enjoyable episode, but it felt wrong. Though I did get a laugh of Jack being flustered by Ashi being naked, that got a laugh out of me. Here's hoping the final episodes won't feel rushed with regards to ending Jack's journey.

Daikun

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Painted Outlaw

That "tweest" with Ashi:

EDIT: To be serious, was anyone really concerned whether the "Daughters of Aku" thing was a funny name or not? Just seem to be more time-wasting so they get all the "dramatic feels" out of its viewers when Ashi likely bites it.

Nel_Annette

Is the next episode the same length as the rest? If it's a double-length, I can maybe see them wrapping it up, but as it stands, I don't see how they're going to do it satisfactorily. Pacing-wise, the final battle has certainly started with much less build-up than I thought it would and certainly not in a location I thought it would. Does "ancient Celtic magic" allow the Scotsman to gather up all of Jack's allies and find him in his exact location?

More of the awkward romance at the start of the episode and... I dunno. The season went from "awesome" to "weird" for me.

And the fate of the Guardian. Not sure how I feel about that one. Aku did say he destroyed every last portal, but after the way the original episode ended, I thought the tough SOB and his talking time portal would be more important.

Rynnec

The fact that the Guardian dies while the ravers and fucking Demongo live is bullshitimus maximus.

Scaramouche getting his body back was pointless too since he didn't get to fucking do anything afterward.

gunswordfist

OK, the one good thing about this episode is that it did set up this one, which I actually liked. The only problem I have is Aku didn't immediately have Jack killed...which will obviously cost him his life. Also, I love it when Phil La Marr tells Ashi stories.
Quote from: Rynnec on May 14, 2017, 02:02:55 AM
The fact that the Guardian dies while the ravers and fucking Demongo live is bullshitimus maximus.

Scaramouche getting his body back was pointless too since he didn't get to fucking do anything afterward.
Also true.

Dr. Insomniac

gunswordfist

Nice. Seems like someone agrees that this episode did have some decent buildup
Spoiler
I am starting to suspect that The Guardian will come out of nowhere and save Jack. Maybe Guardian was saved by whoever was the voice in/of the portal and saved him before Aku could kill him. Also, I just hope that damn Scotsman army finally shows up.
[close]

gunswordfist

I'm going to miss Samurai Jack after it ends. It has had a huge impact on me and will continue to do so.

Dreamer2

An underwhelming finish. Probably my least favorite episode of the season. The best part was probably showing the old opening on the TV. Oh and the Scotsman. He was great.

Peanutbutter

Spoiler

I loved it. I loved the callbacks, all the cameos, the original intro being show, the action choreography, Jack's final lines with Aku. I loved just about all of it. Kind of wish Ashi lived, but I can see why Genndy made the ending so bittersweet.
[close]

The saddest part to me isn't Samurai Jack ending, but knowing that Sym-Bionic Titan will never get to have a proper one.  :-[