Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

On the one hand, okay, no big loss. It didn't seem like the block needed that much time, and we're only really losing a couple of repeats. On the other, I do wonder what this means for the block. Especially since they're losing DB Kai, which wasn't cheap to get back.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Avaitor on December 13, 2018, 05:33:38 PM
On the one hand, okay, no big loss. It didn't seem like the block needed that much time, and we're only really losing a couple of repeats. On the other, I do wonder what this means for the block. Especially since they're losing DB Kai, which wasn't cheap to get back.

It means get ready for Crunchyroll TV. Its coming.

Daikun

Toonami aired a teaser for next year's TIE: The Forge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYO2D8e8HoE

Avaitor

I go to a weekly trivia night here, where they usually do four different categories, instead of being one scattered set or a themed trivia night, and I requested Toonami last week (note, EK, that this is actually different from the Toonami trivia night I told you about the other day). One of the categories has a list, which is sometimes compiled from elsewhere, but often one the host will make from regulars' own lists. This week, he made a list of our top Toonami shows of all time, which went like this.

18- Gundam Wing
17- ReBoot
16- The Powerpuff Girls
15- Superman: The Animated Series
14- Dragon Ball
13- Zoids: Chaotic Century
12- Big O
11- Teen Titans
10- Batman Beyond
9- Naruto
8- Cowboy Bebop
7- Sailor Moon
6- Batman: The Animated Series
5- Mobile Suit Gundam
4- Samurai Jack
3- Ruroni Kenshin
2- Yu Yu Hakusho
1- Dragon Ball Z

Obviously very classic heavy vs modern. It's surprising seeing the original MSG outrank Wing, given the latter's popularity and how the former originally flopped, but I'd argue that by now in the states, the original is more iconic. I'm also surprised by the lack of Justice League? But what warms my heart is seeing YYH not only outrank Naruto, but everything besides DBZ itself. It's just a handful of people in Orlando, but it feels like there's some justice in the world.

They also did a Cartoon Network category a few weeks ago, and he asked for a list of the best Cartoon Network characters.

17- Gumball Watterson
16- Double D
15- Blooregard Q. Kazoo
14- Chowder
13- Rigby
12- Ben Tennison
11- Mordecai
10- Jake the dog
9- Mojo Jojo
8- Buttercup
7- Courage
6- Bubbles
5- Johnny Bravo
4- Finn the human
3- Samurai Jack
2- Ed
1- Dexter
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

So SAO season 3 is not only replacing Mob Psycho 100 after its first season, but the double-length premiere will pre-empt Megalobox for a week. Blah.

New blog!

Painted Outlaw

Inb4:
QuoteQuestion: Someone is gonna ask this anyway so I figured I get it out the way. There is 1 or 2 minute rape scene in sword art online 3 and some think its going turn away viewers. Do you agree that is stupid?

Answer: We aren?t worried about that scene turning away viewers, at all.

Daikun

Also, Toonami is shrinking back down to five hours.

Lord Dalek

Painted Outlaw

So, in case anyone's asleep when I post this, Toonami epically messed up in regards to airing episode 6 of SAO: Alicization. To summarize, they got 8 minutes in and the video froze (I'm watching a stream and he changed channels to check if it was him or not but no, it was CN). They then came back and it was still frozen so Toonami in all of its best judgment decided to cut it off and skip to Megalo Box. I made a joke tweet on it but the most acknowledgment I've seen from the "@ToonamiNews" account were some tweets which if you read them in order, is kinda funny in a sad way. Demarco hasn't commented yet and the Facebook's just been auto-scheduled posts so far.

They then replayed Megalo Box once it actually got to 1am and things so far seem as normal as they could be. Jojo's airing fine at least.

I thought these were funny too, while I'm at it.

Daikun

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Painted Outlaw on March 17, 2019, 12:40:47 AMDemarco hasn't commented yet and the Facebook's just been auto-scheduled posts so far.

Oh like DeMarco cares. He's on his way out the door at this point.

Painted Outlaw

Yeah, I know. I was mostly just including that bit to be thorough on everything. ^^;

Avaitor

The Promised Neverland premieres on April 13!

Looks like before we get there, we're getting two weeks of double SAO.

New blog!

Lord Dalek

Well it was either Promised Netherland or THAT SHOW and THAT SHOW is probably coming anyway.

Daikun