Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Shenmue marathon on July 2. Eh.

Daxdiv

I would have prefer a Primal marathon since season 2 is coming soon & to act as a bit of a refresher of the series, even if they do have the series as part of the current Toonami line up.

Avaitor

That would be kind of risky, since Primal repeats have been giving the block their best ratings in ages. That could make for a good night, but it would also hurt the last couple of episodes before season 2 starts.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

In somewhat tangential news, does anyone remember the short Scavengers that aired a few years ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TRzemJbUsw

It's getting a full series on HBO Max next year. Here's the trailer.

Daikun

Tonight's double Shippuden is one night only.

And we still don't know what's happening next week. :??:

EDIT: It could be wrong. Double Shippuden is still showing on next week's schedule.

Daikun

Daikun

Quote from: Daikun on June 14, 2022, 03:31:53 AM
Quote from: Rynnec on June 12, 2022, 10:05:17 PMIs Sentai still fair game or has that AMC deal complicated things?

Too early to say. We'll probably find out when Lupin III ends, which will take several months.

Jason DeMarco has recently confirmed on an AMA that their relationship with Sentai has not changed.
Glad to see there's at least ONE distributor they can still rely on.

Dr. Insomniac

So what's going on with Sony that they're this unwilling to let Toonami air their shows? They've been pretty okay with half a dozen networks airing Seinfeld all the time, and you've got networks like Cozi, MeTV, or Laff airing at least one of the many shows they own in their catalog.

Daikun

Info regarding Toonami originals from AX:

-House Complex C will be 4 episodes.
-FLCL: Grunge centers around 3 girls.
-FLCL: Shoegaze takes place 10 years after Alternative.

Also, Uzumaki is delayed again.

Man, originals with short episode counts and taking forever to get made. This sucks.

Avaitor

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on June 30, 2022, 07:46:22 PM
So what's going on with Sony that they're this unwilling to let Toonami air their shows? They've been pretty okay with half a dozen networks airing Seinfeld all the time, and you've got networks like Cozi, MeTV, or Laff airing at least one of the many shows they own in their catalog.
I think it comes down to different expectations with their demographics, as well as Crunchyroll's preference for keeping their series on their services, with Sony having the power to double down for them.

But it is somewhat confusing that CR is able to collaborate with Toonami to make original series, but refuses to let them air something even as modestly popular as Mob Psycho 100 S2, let alone Funi's big players.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daikun

Warner Bros. Discovery has paused all funding. Not just Toonami, but pretty much everything in the company.

This explains a hell of a lot.

Avaitor

Interesting, and it looks like they still don't know what they want to do with their works. A lot of Warner shows are being taken off of HBO Max, including Final Space, as Discovery is reshuffling things.

So far I can't tell if this is a good thing or not, but maybe some shake up is necessary? AT&T didn't know or even seem to care about what to do, and that only ended up disastrously.

New blog!

Daikun

Toonami WILL be airing season 2 of Primal.

Not as premieres (they will air on AS proper two days before), but it's happening for sure.

Daikun

Daikun