Animation Revelation Shoutbox

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 28, 2010, 04:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

Dr. Insomniac

Attack on Titan is really getting deep in time for the season finale.

The Shadow Gentleman

Footage from Call of Duty: Ghosts

Commode

Wow, what happened to TZ?  Just clicked there on a whim, and it's in full blown advertisement mode.  The main toonzone banner is covered by "hacked by Watch Dogs" and there's Call of Duty Forums banners in the sub forums.  It's hideous, yet humorous considering the site has a strict language policy because of how family friendly it is.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Nel_Annette

Yeah, I just noticed that everything is super squished together under the weight of the ad.  :wth:

Lord Il

Must be some serious advertising revenue being made at the expense of squishing the board down in order to show off the ad.  ???

Avaitor

Praise him, and watch OITNB already
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

GaryPotter

So Josh showed up in /co/ again just now. Spamming images with the faces replaced with that stupid Kamen Rider avatar of his. I cussed him out and told him I knew who he was, so he deleted the thread.

What is his problem?

Daxdiv

Dr. Insomniac

Goddamn "cigar is more than a cigar" bullshit.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 23, 2013, 12:41:32 AM
"Sometimes a cigar is just an ogre's penis being jammed down your throat as he squeals like a pig and gives you a hot cooking oil enema. Also, that ogre is your father. And mother. And sister." -- Charles Baudelaire, The Hanas Of Aku

Daxdiv

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 23, 2013, 12:41:32 AM

On a serious note, it's reasons like that why I can't fully commit myself into these fan theories like Ash is in a Coma, the Cul-De-Sac from Ed, Edd, N' Eddy being Purgatory and the kids being from different eras of time, or that strange Rugrats theory of how the babies don't even exist. Sure, I'm OK with some analysis here and there, but snarky, cynical shit like that doesn't do shit for me.   Also, this isn't the first time a Miyazaki film got a dark interpretation, even Totoro has been claimed to be about death. I heard that Miyazaki was upset when someone brought that up.

I'm not against analysis out right, there are some that I do support. At least something that I do remember reading is that at least with something like No More Heroes, I can accept that at face value, Travis doing those odd jobs here and there for extra cash is more or less a symbolism as an Otaku/Nerd doing jobs to earn more money to feed their habits. That and maybe Grant Morrison's interpretation of The Killing Joke's ending, even if you do have to throw out things like Barbara being crippled in almost every other story after that and place KJ as an elsewhere story.

Foggle

Foggle