Regular Show

Started by Daxdiv, December 31, 2010, 11:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

That's pretty cool.  Are looking at working on the show, or other CN shows?
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Mr. Big

Quote from: Comeau on February 26, 2012, 08:15:33 PM
That's pretty cool.  Are looking at working on the show, or other CN shows?
Cartoon Network posted a want notice for storyboard revisionist on "Regular Show". I sent my portfolio and they sent me the test.

Yeah, I'm looking for work in animation right now. I'm putting together portfolio to show off to studios before I graduate this fall.

Spark Of Spirit

Best of luck! You've definitely got the skills.  :)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mr. Big

Thanks!  :)

Here are more warm-up sketches

Goldstar

Definitely one of the better shows to air on Cartoon Network in the last 4 years. Regular Show is like Clerks meets Meags XLR with some elements of Rocko's Modern Life mixed in for good measure.

Interestingly, my mom once came on my brother and I watching RS, and she's been a fan of the show ever since.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

gunswordfist

Quote from: Goldstar on April 19, 2012, 02:53:04 PM
Definitely one of the better shows to air on Cartoon Network in the last 4 years. Regular Show is like Clerks meets Meags XLR with some elements of Rocko's Modern Life mixed in for good measure.

Interestingly, my mom once came on my brother and I watching RS, and she's been a fan of the show ever since.
This show reminds me of Angry Beavers. Or at least what I remember of Angry Beavers...which didn't make much sense to me as a kind but yeah. Funny how Angry Beavers was literally a bro comedy.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I can kind of see that, but I think the humor on Angry Beavers was a lot more broad and varied than Regular Show.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I just remember scratching my head during Angry Beavers. I just could not understand what the hell they were talking about. I think it was even more slang heavy than Regular Show.

Avaitor

Oh, shut the spoot up GSF.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

I don't know if I'm being thanked or insulted. What is this?! :shit:

Spark Of Spirit

Angry Beavers had a lot of verbal puns, but was also very physical in its humor. Regular Show only seems to have the verbal part down.

Goldstar

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 22, 2012, 10:50:06 PM
Angry Beavers had a lot of verbal puns, but was also very physical in its humor. Regular Show only seems to have the verbal part down.

Angry Beavers was more of a throwback to the old-school Hanna Barbera style funny animal toons, whereas Regular Show is more of an animated slacker comedy with some tripped out stuff added for effect. It's also one of the very few non-action shows on Cartoon Network that centers on adult characters, rather than children. I think that the only other comedy cartoon presently on CN to do this is The Looney Tunes Show.

Initially, I thought that Regular Show could be airing on Adult Swim (I'd much rather watch this instead of the non-animated so-called "comedies" on AS), but honestly, RS is too good to succeed on the current AS.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Spark Of Spirit

Oh yeah, despite my issues with RS, it is definitely better than what AS is airing these days.

Eddy

I like Regular Show, but it definitely has its share of problems. A lot of the episodes seem to follow the same formula as in: Mordecai and Rigby are lazy, they do something, it causes some supernatural shit to happen, they save the day somehow. But I can't quite place what it about the show I actually enjoy.

My favorite characters are easily Mordecai and Benson.

Commode

I just watched an episode where the characters try and win a pair of fuzzy dice from a Chuck E Cheese style place, only to have them taken by the robotronic band because they had hidden diamonds in it, and the episode culminates in the FBI coming and engaging in a gunfight with the robots.  There's also a reference to "balls dropping"(puberty) at which Mordecai and Rigby snicker at.

For some reason I have a hard time believing this is a kids show.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.