Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Music

Started by Avaitor, November 11, 2011, 02:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Quote from: Avaitor on April 19, 2013, 11:45:20 AM
I think ya'll know my feelings on Metallica, but I feel like I have less use for them every single day. Whenever I try to listen to them again, I feel nothing but rage. And not the good kind of rage certain types of metal should give you.

Rage as in, why these guys? Why are these lame, bloated sellouts still such a big deal? Why do people still listen to their earlier stuff, when so many other bands were doing it better even then? Why are there stans for this band today? Why does a guitarist as bland as Kirk Hammett get praised for having no distinct tone? Why have they sold so many copies of their shitty albums?

Metallica's continued admiration is one of the biggest anomalies in music.
I'm quoting this because while I'm on the subject of Metallica, I might make a post going into detail on how "Master of Puppets" is an awful, awful song.

Stay tuned.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

I hate hate hate that song, so it'll be interesting to read that post.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Foggle

I'm always surprised when I meet other people who hate that song. It's one of my least favorite tracks ever, but apparently most of the world considers it a masterpiece.

Nel_Annette

Lord Dalek

Dr. Insomniac

Micki!

A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Foggle

Avaitor

Are you trying to get me to say something?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Foggle

Avaitor

Well, in an opinion of my own, I think it's become a massive cliche for metal artists to reference Lovecraft and his tales in their lyrics. I do appreciate and enjoy the man's work myself, but I can see why this genre of music gets looked down upon if the only literary works they can namedrop come from old pulp magazines (or Hemingway, in Metallica's case).

I think one of the reasons that Iron Maiden remain my favorite is how literary they are. Their references go to everywhere from Dumas to Huxley to Homer and back.

New blog!

Micki!

A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Dr. Insomniac