Animation Revelation Shoutbox

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 28, 2010, 04:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Aniplex of America got Kill la Kill. :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :burn:

TheEclecticDude

LumRanmaYasha

Wait, what's so bad about Aniplex of America again? Besides the fact they seem keen to license shitty shows like Sword Art and Valverave?

Rynnec

Paying $500 for a complete series set for one thing.

LumRanmaYasha

Ah, right. Forgot about that part.  :P

Foggle

Quote from: Rynnec on August 10, 2013, 01:44:30 PM
Paying $500 for a complete series set for one thing.
Gurren Lagann is $650 on Blu Ray and $160 on DVD. Meanwhile, Bandai's DVD release from years back was something like $50-60.

Madoka is $225 on Blu Ray and $90 on DVD. The UK releases of the same show are $32 and $22 respectively.

Fate/Zero is $300 on Blu Ray, and was $750 for an early release version.

Kara no Kyoukai on Blu Ray was around $500-600... for eight movies, only half of which are full length. Now they're out on DVD for $150.

Rynnec

QuoteMadoka is $225 on Blu Ray and $90 on DVD. The UK releases of the same show are $32 and $22 respectively.

That does it, I'm importing.

Fuck you Aniplex.

Foggle

Quote from: Rynnec on August 10, 2013, 01:54:03 PM
That does it, I'm importing.

Fuck you Aniplex.
You can actually import a Region B blu-ray player, UK to US power converter, all of Madoka on blu-ray, and presumably all of Gurren Lagann or Fate/Zero on blu-ray (once they're released) for less than buying just Madoka from Aniplex on blu-ray. I shit you not.

Foggle

LumRanmaYasha

Peanutbutter

:whuh: :wth:

Baby Naruto? Yup, Baby Naruto..............................................................................

GaryPotter

I actually wish he'd join just so we could flame the shit out of him.

Nel_Annette

So I "liked" Funimation's FB page... I saw so many commenters praising Sword Art Online, and showing nothing but disdain for One Piece.

What. The. Hell.  :wth:

LumRanmaYasha

Crazy folks out there, man. Not that One Piece is everybody's cup of tea, mind you.

I can assure you, though, that One Piece is far, far more popular than Sword Art ever was or ever has been (it is, after all, the highest selling manga of all time and consistently the 6th most popular currently running anime in Japan).