Animation Revelation Shoutbox

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 28, 2010, 04:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micki!

A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Commode

I'm at my parents place for Xmas, and I went digging through some of my old crap and found some cassette tapes that I made in high school.  See, I drove an old Ford Maverick with a tape deck where the radio part didn't work, so I taped a bunch of stuff using a boombox in my room, everything ranging from off-radio content from our local classic rock station(which is long defunct) and active rock station, assorted songs of my Green Day CD's, some punk rock compilation I borrowed from a friend at the time(I don't think I could ID half of these songs), and R.E.M.  Really neat listening to stuff I recorded around a decade ago.

I had a ton of actual label tapes that I listened to as well, Santana tapes, Zeppelin tapes, Journey, Quiet Riot, Iron Maiden, Rolling Stones, Allman Bros.  I have no idea where they all went though.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Lord Il

Quote from: Micki! on December 25, 2013, 11:40:37 AM
That, Yes, yessssss  :light:
/a/ can actually be good for something on occasion.   :e_wink:

Quote from: Do They Know It's Christmas? on December 26, 2013, 01:07:08 AM
I'm at my parents place for Xmas, and I went digging through some of my old crap and found some cassette tapes that I made in high school.  See, I drove an old Ford Maverick with a tape deck where the radio part didn't work, so I taped a bunch of stuff using a boombox in my room, everything ranging from off-radio content from our local classic rock station(which is long defunct) and active rock station, assorted songs of my Green Day CD's, some punk rock compilation I borrowed from a friend at the time(I don't think I could ID half of these songs), and R.E.M.  Really neat listening to stuff I recorded around a decade ago.
Awesome. I had just recently unearthed my cassettes from my high school days as well. I did the same stuff - recorded songs from radio and even a few things from my brother's LP collection when he was still living at the old homestead. Man, what a trip down memory lane.

And props on the Ford Maverick. Loved the look of them. Some of them kind of reminded me of first generation Camaros and Mustangs. They're pretty scarce around here these days.

Avaitor

Hey, you think you could post up the setlists on some of those tapes, man? I'd be down to hear about what you saved.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

What do you mean "setlists"?  Like, what's on the tapes?  I already mentioned one of them has a bunch of punk rock on it, but most of the songs I don't know what they are, although I do recognize some Lagwagon/NoFX/Lawrence Arms/Real Mckenzies songs.  The Green Day one has all of "International Superhits!", plus select songs from the "Kerplunk!", "Dookie" and "Nimrod" albums.  The R.E.M. one has "Document" in full on one side and "Out of Time" on the other side.  The two radio stations I taped were KJOT J-105 and KQXR The X(J105 no longer exists) and they feature a variety of classic rock and modern rock songs(it is cool to hear old promos and station ID's).

Avaitor

Ah, okay. Yeah, I was wondering what songs were on some of the ones you found haha.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Il

Quote from: Avaitor on December 26, 2013, 05:05:09 PM
I'd be down to hear about what you saved.
ugh... I'll give you mine if you wish but this could end up being embarrassing in some ways. :il_hahaha:
I was my own victim to limiting myself to mere hit singles. Not all were so bad.
This is just a short list..

The Jason Bonham Band - Wait For You
Billy Idol - Rebel Yell
Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms
John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band - On the Dark Side
The Human League - Don't You Want Me (Can't stand this whiny song anymore)
Robert Plant - 29 Palms
Prince - Little Red Corvette
Supertramp - It's Raining again
Pink Floyd - The Wall (Almost entire album.. Only what I could fit on a REALLY cheap C-60 cassette)
Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2U
Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever (Entire album)
Concrete Blonde - Joey
Lita Ford - Close My eyes Forever
Skid Row - 18 and Life
Dire Straits - Private Investigations
Joan Jett - I Hate Myself For Loving You
Alice Cooper - Poison
Midnight Oil - Beds Are Burning
R.E.M. - It's The End Of The World
Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf
Accept - Balls To The Wall
Judas Priest - Turbo Lover
Lee Aaron - Metal Queen
Stevie Nicks - Talk To Me
David Wilcox - Breakfast at the Circus (Entire album)
ZZ Top - Rough Boy
Robert Plant - Heaven knows
Yes - Hold On
Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers
The Kentucky Headhunters - My Daddy Was A Milkman

Foggle

Lord Il

Marching into a new year.

But I'm in no hurry..

2013 went by sooooo fast.  :huh:

Micki!

Here's a message from the futire, ho ha hee h?h?h h?h?h? :il_hahaha:
I'm gonna gloat while I still can  :kabapu:
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Commode

Somebody's trying to log in to my Toon Zone account, I got an email saying that someone put in incorrect password at least five times and the account was locked out for fifteen minutes(oh dear!).  Good luck to whomever is attempting this, since I don't even know my TZ password.

King Hippo

King Hippo

Yeah, I figured my post would get deleted.

Peanutbutter

Rynnec