E3 2017

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 08, 2017, 08:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

It's that time of year again, people. E3's back!

This means new games, new announcements, and possibly overbearing memes that will still be referenced a decade from now. This is also your reminder that E3 begins next week, so keep your calendar's marked!

Help make this thread your one stop shop for all E3 related news and announcements, same as every year.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Devil May Cry 5: Unlikely, but possible.

Ninja Gaiden 4: Nearly zero chance of being announced this early.

Platinum: Will be curious to see what they're working on.

Everything else is crap. Anything else anyone is looking forward to will inevitably be a disappointment and suck. Everyone but me has shit taste in gaming and only my opinions matter, and the only games worth mentioning are the ones that I care about. Everything else just caters to pansy-ass casuals who want to watch a bad movie with occasional button-prompts and can't bother to "git gud" at games, and anything by Nintendo is just watered down tripe for babies and man-children.

In short: I'm amazing and important, and all y'all are some bitches. Peace out, you plebs. :>

....But seriously, though, I'm so out of touch with current gaming news that I have no idea what games are in development right now. I quite literally don't know what to expect.

Foggle

I'm pretty jazzed to see footage of that Insomniac Spider-Man game. Hoping it can live up to my nostalgia for the PS1 games and Spider-Man 2 on PS2.

Hopefully we'll finally hear something about Tango's (Shinji Mikami's studio's) new game.

Devil May Cry, Dragon's Dogma, Rival Schools - whatever it is, I hope Itsuno announces his team's new game.

Of course, I'm always excited to see whatever new thing Platinum is working on. Maybe Scalebound salvaged and rebranded as Drakengard 4? ;)

It's probably too early but I'm already on the edge of my seat waiting for whatever Arkane does next.

Some news about the Resident Evil 7 story DLC or Resident Evil 2 remake would be nice.

Looking forward to seeing what improvements Sonic Forces makes over Colors/Generations.

I don't have a Switch but I'd gladly devour some proper Mario Odyssey footage. Maybe Suda51 will actually have some concrete info about No More Heroes 3 as well.

Hoping IO can shed some light on what will become of Hitman now that Square Enix is dumping them.

I hear Splinter Cell 7 is pretty far along in development (with Michael Ironside returning). The Ubisoft conferences are always painful but I might watch just for that. Oh, and Beyond Good & Evil 2 (lol).

Honestly, what I want most of all are remasters of every Drakengard/Nier and main series Ratchet & Clank game for PS4. I know that's kind of boring, but I need more people to experience the original Nier, plus I would love to play Drakengard 3 at something resembling a stable frame rate; meanwhile, the PS3 HD collection of R&C was rather imperfect, introducing many new bugs and glitches that frustrate me as a childhood fan, but the PS2 versions are hard to return to because they don't run as smoothly and they don't look as colorful in SD (also, TOD and ITN would greatly benefit from a some extra polish and improved hardware).

gunswordfist

Ironside's returning!!!!! :swoon: :shakeshakeshake: :worship:
DMC5 is at the top of my list, as always. I'm so far behind games that I don't really have much else to add.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 08, 2017, 11:30:10 PM
Ironside's returning!!!!! :swoon: :shakeshakeshake: :worship:
It's just a rumor, but I believe it! ;D Been catching up on the old games to prepare. The first two are damn hard. Can't believe I actually managed to beat the original.

Mustang

Not much I'm looking forward to at the moment.

I'm interested in the Spider-Man game, but that's pretty much it right now. Namco and ASW are collaborating apparently for a DBZ title, so I'll be curious to see how that turns out. Other than that, yeah, nothing. As for DMC5, right now I have no confidence in Capcom. If it is revealed I need gameplay footage.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I don't trust Capcom as a publisher, but in terms of developers, I have complete trust in Itsuno and his team to make something great despite the bull-shit limitations that Capcom enforces on them.

Spark Of Spirit

The ASW Dragon Ball fighter has me interested. I almost wish Shueisha could have gotten an All Star Jump game out of them instead, but you can't go wrong with a good DB fighter.

My expectations are pretty low this year, but I expect at least a game or two to strike my fancy.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Didn't ASW already make a DBZ fighting game that wasn't very well received?

As for a Shonen Jump All-Stars game, it'd be neat if Itsuno directed a fighting game with those characters, what with his previous experience in the genre with games like Capcom Vs. SNK and Rival Schools.

Rynnec

I'd love for ASW to make a Castlevania fighter, or even an HD Castlevania game in general. Too bad Konami's too shit for that to happen (even if they do seem to be slowly learning how to suck less). None the less the prospect of a DB ArcSys game has me optimistic, I wonder if it'll end up being as notoriously broken as their Fist of the North Star game. :sly:

Only things I'm really hoping for this year is DMC5, more Darksiders 3 footage, and mayyyyybe a Smash 4 Switch port. My gaming taste has gotten pretty weebish these last few years, so I doubt any games I'm already anticipating will be at E3.

Mustang

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 09, 2017, 04:44:27 PM
Didn't ASW already make a DBZ fighting game that wasn't very well received?

The 3DS game? I've never played fighting games on portable consoles and I don't want to make it sound like they shouldn't exist or anything, but an ASW game on the 3DS, considering the depth involved just screams no. That nonsense of an answer set aside, anime fighters are already niche to begin with, to put them on a 3DS when your core group is/was on the ps3 at the time. The mentality of the FGC (I suppose they're working on it) don't really acknowledge Nintendo to begin with (and if you read comments you can sense that both the FGC and Smash community would rather part ways). And then we fast forward to now, I haven't been watching anything anime related, but I'm well aware of Dragon Ball Super, so it make sense for them to capitalize now.

Edit: Just looked at the date that DBZ game came out. 2015. Oh shit. PS4 days. In the words of one of them Capcom reps, it got left behind.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/215189/dragon-ball-fighters-announced-2-5d-3v3-and-made-by-arcsys

In case people want to see it for themselves.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Akuma
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

gunswordfist

...there's Darksiders 3 footage?

Rynnec

gunswordfist

Peanutbutter

I just want at least one if not several shocking announcements that makes the room shake like FF7 Remake's announcement. Regardless of how good it ends up being (and hopefully its good), the utter joy that erupted was a sight to behold.