Butch Hartman's shows

Started by Eddy, July 03, 2011, 09:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Boondocks, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, Archer, Bob's Burgers, Rick & Morty, Kill la Kill, Space Dandy, and whatever's airing in Spring like Jojo's and Psycho-Pass 2.

Commode

I forgot about Archer, but then again I did miss the season premier the other day.  Probably should just set my DVR for that too(seriously, this thing is a godsend).
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

I keep on forgetting to catch up with Bob's Burgers.

But honestly, I'm watching a LOT of shows, it's just that very few are animated nowadays.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

Let's see right now, as far as currently running shows, I'm watching the following cartoons

Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Universe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Gravity Falls, Wander Over Yander, Archer, Bob's Burgers, American Dad, Rick & Morty, South Park, Kill La Kill, Pokemon XY, Space Dandy, Robot Chicken, Venture Bros, Legend of Korra.

Really, a whole lot of comedies.

Kiddington

Forgot about American Dad, and I guess Kill la Kill (although I'm way behind on that right now).

So I guess there's more, but really that's about it. Archer and Bob's Burgers seem like the kind of stuff I should be able to get into, but haven't really sat down and watched them much. After that... I dunno.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

My decreased interest in modern cartoons has lead me to start getting into live-action TV shows that I never bothered to keep up with because I wasn't into them at the time. That's how I got into Breaking Bad, Dexter, and some Joss Whedon shows. That said, I haven't watched too much from the past few years.

I like Kill La Kill, as far as anime series go. As for Space Dandy, it's OK, but I wouldn't necessarily say I love it (currently I'd say Level E is a better comedy about aliens, but maybe I'm just too biased). I've been watching Magi and finding it to be above mediocre as far as shounen series go, but overall still kind of "been there, done that" territory. Of course I still watch Hunter X Hunter, but the anime's pacing has really gotten too slow for my liking, and unlike most series they have no excuse because they have all of the material that they need from the manga to get to a perfect ending spot without any filler material.

As for American cartoons, I didn't hate Korra Book 2 like everyone else did, and even found it to be above average compared to most cartoons out these days, but on the whole it was also rather underwhelming and full of problems compared to previous seasons of Avatar. Other than that....yeah, I can't think of any real recent series that have had me hooked. I tried a few episodes of Gravity Falls and enjoyed it, but it's not the type of series that would keep me constantly watching it until I caught up with every single episode (it's more like something I'd watch an episode of if I happen to catch it while I'm flipping through channels). I still haven't tried Adventure Time, but I'm skeptical that it would actually do anything for me. And as for the modern DC animated shows, I'm just not on board with them (the last really good one, IMO, was GLTAS, IMO).

Avaitor

Seriously, whoever here isn't watching Archer should give it a chance. The first season is fine, but if you're not a fan by the end of season 2, I'd be shocked.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on January 19, 2014, 01:40:24 PM
Seriously, whoever here isn't watching Archer should give it a chance. The first season is fine, but if you're not a fan by the end of season 2, I'd be shocked.
Agreed. I think it's easily the funniest TV series I've ever seen, animated or otherwise.

Daikun

An interesting discussion at "the other site."

So I guess his latest pilots for Nick were rejected. Well, I guess he's done there, unless FOP gets renewed again (which is a likely scenario).

RacattackForce

Quote from: Daikun on August 05, 2014, 02:42:40 PM
An interesting discussion at "the other site."

So I guess his latest pilots for Nick were rejected. Well, I guess he's done there, unless FOP gets renewed again (which is a likely scenario).
If Spongebob Squarepants is basically Nickelodeon's equivalent of The Simpsons in terms of longevity and how much the network continues milking it, then FOP is their equivalent to Family Guy in how that show just refuses to die. Fairly OddParents could get renewed; after all, even the crew thought the show was dead when the season eight renewal was just the channel ordering a handful of specials...then it got a ninth season of 26 half-hours. Need to wait it out and see how the rest of the season does in the ratings. We'll know it's cancelled if the show gets moved to Nicktoons.

Avaitor

It really does seem like the time for FOP to end, especially since it lost its relevancy years ago.

The only question is, what is Nick going to replace it with? Besides SpongeBob and I guess TMNT, Nick doesn't have much of its own right now.

New blog!

RacattackForce

Quote from: Avaitor on August 05, 2014, 09:28:01 PM
It really does seem like the time for FOP to end, especially since it lost its relevancy years ago.

The only question is, what is Nick going to replace it with? Besides SpongeBob and I guess TMNT, Nick doesn't have much of its own right now.
And especially since the recent live-action movie ends with Timmy dying and being brought back to life as a fairy. In terms of replacing the show, I think that Sanjay and Craig or even Breadwinners is gaining enough viewership and popularity with the target audience to take FOP's place as second banana to the Sponge.

Spark Of Spirit

The only question is, what is Nick going to replace it with?
It's modern Nickelodeon.

So, nothing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Can they really market TMNT as their own?

RacattackForce

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 05, 2014, 10:03:06 PM

Can they really market TMNT as their own?
The entire franchise was sold to Nickelodeon (and by extension, Viacom) back in 2009, so yes.