Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

About the only thing I'd add for Sega would be Kazuma from Yakuza, G from House of the Dead, and someone from Valkyria Chronicles. Otherwise it's pretty dead on for a Sega fighter.

Metal Sonic is a Smoke-style hidden boss would be great, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Shit! I can't believe that I forgot about Yakuza! :sweat:

Good thing that Foggle doesn't play fighting games and thus would never read this thread to blast me for such a huge mistake....

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Secret Unlockable Character: Segata Sanshiro

Quote from: Foggle on April 14, 2016, 03:28:42 PM
:sly:

I knew it! :D

Foggle

Really, though, your Sega fighting game idea sounds sick. I would definitely play that!

And now I want another Anarchy Reigns. :-[

Spark Of Spirit

Oh, and for the shonen fighter (Call it "Shonen X" or something) I would have a story mode like the one in Rival Schools where you choose a preset team of three to play through a story mode where all teammates interact. And, of course, each teammate would be from different properties and would each face a different final boss from the list at the end.

For instance, a team of, say, Ushio, Ginji, and Midoriya, would have their own story and face off with Hakumen no Mono, while a team of Aladdin, Onizuka, and Gintoki, would face off against Dio. It would be quite different depending on who you pick.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Everyone has pretty much exhausted all the Jump VS. crossover ideas I could've ever come up with. But I've always felt there should be more female characters in fighting games or more female-dominated fighting games, so I thought up of a roster for a potential Shonen Jump fighting game with only female characters. I call it J-Stars: Girls Fight!

Kagura (Gintama)
Sarutobi "Sacchan" Ayame (Gintama)
Tsukuyo (Gintama)
Kyuubei Yagyu (Gintama)
Imai Nobume (Gintama)
Sarada Uchiha (Naruto)
Sakura Haruno (Naruto)
Hinata Hyuga (Naruto)
Tsunade (Naruto)
Kaguya Otsutsuki (Naruto)
Nami (One Piece)
Nico Robin (One Piece)
Boa Hancock (One Piece)
Nefertari Vivi (One Piece)
Perona (One Piece)
Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)
Yoruichi Shihoin (Bleach)
Soi Fon (Bleach)
Nelliel Tu Odelschwank (Bleach)
Tier Hallibel (Bleach)
Jolyne Kujo (JJBA)
Ermes Costello (JJBA)
Foo Fighters (JJBA)
Ai Kitora (World Trigger)
Kirie Konami (World Trigger)
Ochako Uraraka (My Hero Academia)
Tsuyu Asui (My Hero Academia)
Denbo (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo)
Torpedo Girl (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo)
Arale Norimaki (Dr. Slump)
Android 18 (Dragon Ball)
Biscuit Krueger (Hunter X Hunter)
Genkai (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Makimachi Misao (Rurouni Kenshin)
Tokiko Tsumura (Buso Renkin)
Eve (Black Cat)
Golden Darkness (To-Love Ru)
Lady (Space Adventure Cobra)
Shadow Lady (Shadow Lady)
Kaede Kayano (Assassination Classroom)
Seishiro Tsugumi (Nisekoi)
Hilda (Beelzebub)
Hime Onizuka (Sket Dance)
Noelle Silva (Black Clover)
Hitomi Kisugi (Cat's Eye)
Yukime (Hell Teacher Nube)
Setsuno (Toriko)
Athena (Saint Seiya)
Iron Maiden Jeanne (Shaman King)
Kurokami Medaka (Medaka Box)

That's about 50 characters, and regardless of how you feel about them personally, I think as far as playable characters in a fighting game goes there's a lot of variety and unique abilities/fighting styles in the bunch.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Great list. You thought of way more characters than I could. Though, considering that there are a lot of characters on that list that I either don't like or am indifferent to, it does really highlight how a lot of Jump series aren't particularly great with female characters. There are exceptions, obviously, like Jolyne Kujo, Lisa Lisa, Arale, Genkai, and so on, of course. To be fair, though, Jump is a publication clearly aimed at the male teen-to-adolescent demographic, even though it's doing relatively well with female readers as well these days, from what I hear.

Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on April 14, 2016, 03:53:54 PM
Everyone has pretty much exhausted all the Jump VS. crossover ideas I could've ever come up with. But I've always felt there should be more female characters in fighting games or more female-dominated fighting games, so I thought up of a roster for a potential Shonen Jump fighting game with only female characters. I call it J-Stars: Girls Fight!

Obviously you've never played Skull Girls or Melty Blood. :sly:

Actually, modern fighting games are usually really good about having an equal amount of female-to-male character ratio, or at least close to it, like Ultra Street Fighter IV and King of Fighters XIII.

Male-dominated fighting game rosters were more of a 90's and early 2000's thing.

LumRanmaYasha

I know of those games and have wanted to play Skull Girls in particular for a while. As I've said many times before, though, I'm very out of the loop when it comes to gaming. I haven't really played a non-fighting/party game in two years. :sweat:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on April 14, 2016, 04:43:14 PM
I know of those games and have wanted to play Skull Girls in particular for a while. As I've said many times before, though, I'm very out of the loop when it comes to gaming. I haven't really played a non-fighting/party game in two years. :sweat:

I haven't played much of Skull Girls myself, but what I have played was certainly really fun and easy to pick up.

A WSJ game in that style could be really fun.

Though, my preferred style is still either MvC or SFXT. Of course, I don't mind the more simplistic games if they are at least fun. JoJo's All-Star Battle and the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games are a good example of this (and I don't even like Naruto). There's nothing especially deep about those games, but they are fun.

That's why I was personally disappointed with J-Stars Victory. I really loved the roster of that game, and was excited for it, but the combat felt way too clunky, and the camera was horrendous, all to the point that I couldn't have fun with it like I could with the better Shonen Jump games.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Speaking of good licensed fighting games, I've heard great things about Pokken Tournament. It's apparently very casual-friendly, but also has a competitive edge for more advanced players (it's even being featured at this year's EVO tournament). It figures, considering that it was directed by Tekken creator Katsuhiro Harada.

That's personally what I want for a dream Shonen Jump/Sunday/Magazine game. Have it developed by people who know the genre well, but have them also consult with the creators and owners of the licensed properties, as well as take fan feedback into consideration, in order to make a game that appeals to series fans as much as it does to general fighting game fans.

My personal choice of directoror for a WSJ crossover games would be Hideaki Itsuno.

gunswordfist

I'd hate to see how they'd market an all female fighting game. :srs:

And Genkai was going to be my suggestion :D I don't know too many good Jump female characters.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Another Capcom Vs. WSJ fighting game that could work on a smaller scale is crossing over a single Capcom franchise with a single WSJ franchise, just like how they did with Marvel by doing X-Men Vs. Street Fighter, which was followed by Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter, and which then finally culminated in a full-blown Marvel Vs. Capcom game.

I was thinking that the obvious first step would be Dragonball Vs. Street Fighter, as it's a mash-up of the most popular franchise from each respective company that would also allow for more versatile rosters from each of those series, rather than just sticking to main characters. My ideal roster would look something like this:

Dragonball Side:
1. Goku (Bardock costume as an alternate skin)
2. Vegeta
3. Gohan
4. Piccolo
5. Master Roshi
6. Android 18
7. Krillin
8. Future Trunks
9. Ten Shinhan
10. Yamucha
11. Freeza
12. Cell
13. Majin Buu
14. Pan
15. Videl
16. Mr. Satan (Joke Character)
17. Mercenary Tao
18. General Blue
19. Captain Ginyu

Street Fighter Side:
1. Ryu
2. Akuma
3. Charlie Nash
4. Dhalsim
5. Gouken
6. Cody
7. Ken
8. Rose
9. Guy
10. Sean
11. M. Bison
12. Seth
13. Rufus
14. Sakura
15. Chun-Li
16. Dan Hibiki (Joke Character)
17. C. Viper
18. Guile
19. Juri

Mid-Boss: Oni
Final Boss: Beerus

The numbers that match between characters from each series indicates who their rival would be in Arcade mode.

Spark Of Spirit

Here's something odd. Old school school or student-based manga against Capcom's own similar series: Rival Schools! This would essentially give the game a very early 90s feel, but who really cares about that? It's not an even split, but there are a few Rival School characters and I didn't want to cut any, so here is a 50 character roster where 27 characters are already complete with movesets and 3D models ready.

Shonen Rival Schools Jump!

Shonen Jump

Momotaro Tsurugi (Sakigake!! Otokojuku)
Taison Maeda (Rokudenashi Blues)
Yusuke Uremeshi (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Kazuma Kuwabara (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Josuke Higashikata (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Okuyasu Nijimura (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Magical Taruruto (Magical Taruruto)
Meisuke Nueno (Hell Teacher Nube)
Yami Yugi (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
Kazuki Muto (Buso Renkin)
Tsunayoshi "Tsuna" Sawada (Hitman Reborn!)
Tatsumi Oga and Baby Beel (Beezlebub)
Ageha Yoshina (Psyren)
Medaka Kurokami (Medaka Box)
Kusuo Saiki (Disaster of Kusuo Saiki)
Chitoge Kirisaki (Nisekoi)
Seishiro Tsugumi (Nisekoi)
Nagisa Shiota (Assassination Classroom)
Ushio Hinomaru (Hinomaru Sumo)
Izuku Midoriya (My Hero Academia)
Ochaco Uraraka (My Hero Academia)

Mid-boss: Ginpachi-sensei (Gintama)
Final Boss: Koro-sensei (Assassination Classroom)

Rival Schools!

Batsu Ichimonji
Hinata Wakaba
Kyosuke Kagami
Hayato Nekketsu
Chairperson
Shoma Sawamura
Natsu Ayuhara
Roberto Miura
Akira Kazama
Edge
Gan Isurugi
Daigo Kazama
Roy Bromwell
Tiffany Lords
Boman Delgado
Hideo Shimazu
Kyoko Minazuki
Ran Hibiki
Nagare Namikawa
Momo Karuizawa
Yurika Kirishima
Zaki
Hyo Imawano
Sakura Kasugano (Street Fighter)
Karin Kanzuki (Street Fighter)

Mid-boss: Raizo Imawano
Final boss: Kurow Kirishima

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I have my problems with Seth, but Gill from Street Fighter III may very well be the cheapest boss that I've ever had to play in a fighting game. I managed to beat him once, and I'm not sure if I can do it again, and I definitely don't want to. I don't see why Urien couldn't have just been the one and only boss fight in the game. At least he still plays by the rules.