Currently Running Manga Discussion

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 30, 2010, 12:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

It was a special chapter that I presume was run in promotion of the anime. Blood Blockade Battlefront itself was published in the recently defunct Jump SQ.19, and will continue to be published in a as of yet unnamed Jump Square imprint coming out in July.

LumRanmaYasha

The next set of Jump Starts are planned to start at the beginning of May, two issues from now. Which basically means Gakkyu Hotei's only got 4 chapters left at most. Sigh.  :imnothappy: Well, hopefully these new debuts prove a promising bunch.

LumRanmaYasha

Here are the rankings for the April 20th issue of Weekly Shonen Jump:

Nisekoi (Cover, Lead CP)
1- My Hero Academia
2- Assassination Classroom
3- Toriko
4- Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
5- Black Clover
6- Gintama
Haikyu!! (Center Color)
7- World Trigger
8- Hinomaru Sumo
Haeniwa no Zig Zag [One-Shot] (Center Color, 47 p.)
9- The Mishaps of Kusuo Saiki
Kagamigami (Center Color)
10- Kochikame
11- Ultra Battle Satellite (First ranking)
12- Gakkyu Hotei: School Judgment
One-Shot (15 p.)
13- Cyborg Roggy
14- Takujo no Ageha: The Table Tennis of Ageha
The Story of Isobe Isobee

Spark Of Spirit

Neither Bleach or One Piece was there this week?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Spark Of Spirit

If you think I'm out of date, I just had a friend tell me he was enjoying a certain series and was certain it wouldn't be long for this world. He was sure it wasn't popular.

It was My Hero Academia.

:hayguyz:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

The official Weekly Shonen Jump podcast has finally made it to 100 episodes! Probably my favorite part of this one was when Urian Brown ranted about Fairy Tail ripping off One Piece:D

LumRanmaYasha

Man, this has just been a great week of manga so far. Pretty much everything I follow weekly has been really strong recently, but this week especially feels satisfying to read. If I was still doing those ranking lists I probably would have rated every chapter over a 9 (besides the obvious ones, of course).

LumRanmaYasha

Here are the rankings for the April 27th issue of Weekly Shonen Jump:

One Piece (Lead CP)
1- Assassination Classroom
2- Haikyu!!
Naruto: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring (New Series, Center Color, 23 p.)
3- Hinomaru Sumo
4- My Hero Academia
Black Clover (Center Color)
5- Toriko
6- The Mishaps of Kusuo Saiki
7- Kagamigami
8- Gintama
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma (Normal Chapter and Special Chapter)
9- Ultra Battle Satellite
10- Nisekoi
11- World Trigger
12- Bleach
13- Kochikame
14- Cyborg Roggy
15- Gakkyu Hotei: School Judgment
16- Takujo no Ageha: The Table Tennis of Ageha (END)
The Story of Isobe Isobee

Gakkyu Hotei will probably end in the next issue, and I will go into a deep state of depression once it does.

Spark Of Spirit

World Trigger's looking a bit low there.

LumRanmaYasha

World Trigger tends to rank in the middle, usually managing not to drop low enough to be in danger of cancellation.

The way I figure, so long as a series doesn't rank below Bleach and Kochikame for consecutive weeks, it's safe.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I love how Bleach has essentially become the benchmark of shit on the measuring stick of WSJ series' quality that is the weekly popularity rankings. :lol:

Spark Of Spirit

Kubo needs to take some writing classes when he finishes Bleach. There's no real chance he's going to get lucky like this again.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on April 23, 2015, 08:01:05 PM
I love how Bleach has essentially become the benchmark of shit on the measuring stick of WSJ series' quality that is the weekly popularity rankings. :lol:

It's a terrible benchmark of "quality," since Gakkyu Hotei is fucking amazing and shouldn't be ranking below it, much less ranking near the bottom of the rankings, and getting cancelled so prematurely as a consequence.  :srs:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just meant that it's funny that Bleach is now the "death mark" (the point that no series wants to cross), considering how massively popular it used to be.