Currently Running Manga Discussion

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 30, 2010, 12:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Maybe, but considering that Nihei doesn't tend to write really long series (KoS currently being his longest by a fair bit), I think he might just be ready to move on to something else. I certainly wouldn't mind more if makes a follow-up series, since even with how long the story currently is, I felt we were only a little past the middle of it at most, not almost at the end.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Cartoon X on August 22, 2015, 02:07:31 AM
In other news, it seems that Kishimoto is planning to make a sci-fi manga as his next work. Not sure how I feel about reading another manga from the man. Naruto was bad for so many years, and just nosedived into inanity by the end, but The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring was genuinely well-done and I really enjoyed it, so I'd like to be optimistic. In any case, since it will inevitably be added to Viz's Jump when it debuts, I'll probably read it no matter what for the sake of the issue reviews. It seems like it'll be a while yet before he puts it out, anyways.
It might be good if doesn't try to stretch it out to 70+ volumes leading to ridiculous story turns no one asked for or wanted.

I still have no problem with early Naruto, but he really went off the rails with the series.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Is Bleach this ridiculous all the time? Because I am really out of date with it and these chapters aren't making me regret being so out of the loop.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Villains in this arc have included a luchador whose source of power was the cheers of his #1 fanboy, a perverted trans-girl who turned her own ally into her personal sex-slave zombie (who she also later killed and ate), and a literal brain in a jar. I'd say "ridiculous" is putting it lightly.

Though, a fucking giant baby-man who gives birth by having it's baby rip open it's stomach, and said baby being covered in nerves all over it's skin and constantly howling in horrible, intense physical pain every time it moves is certainly a new low of insanity and poor taste.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Cartoon X on August 24, 2015, 07:21:58 PM
Villains in this arc have included a luchador whose source of power was the cheers of his #1 fanboy, a perverted trans-girl who turned her own ally into her personal sex-slave zombie (who she also later killed and ate), and a literal brain in a jar. I'd say "ridiculous" is putting it lightly.

In the hands of a better mangaka, this could be insanely entertaining. In the hands of Kubo, it's just boring. I don't know how he does it, but he does.

Spark Of Spirit

How convenient that it was just the thing he needed to win, too.

I bet if you went in a time machine back to when Bleach started and told people what would be happening now, you would be laughed at. I think even I would have had a hard time believing it. But here we are over 70 volumes later and this idiocy is still going strong.

Spark Of Spirit

Vinland Saga teasing an announcement.

As much as I want an anime adaption, I severely doubt it happening at this point.

LumRanmaYasha

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'm not going to rule it out either. It has been long overdue for an anime, and now's as good as time as any considering this year is the series' 10th anniversary and whatnot.

Spark Of Spirit

I'd guess maybe a movie announcement is possible. At this point, I'd really take anything to raise its profile. It more than deserves it.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm not sure that I want an anime until this series finishes its run. With the relatively slow pace of chapter releases, it'd take the anime only about a year or two to catch up with the manga, unless they just decided to adapt the prologue (in which case it'd be just like Berserk).

Spark Of Spirit

If it went up to the end of Ketil Farm I think it would be good enough to hook people. But I do wonder if an anime film that adapts the prologue or Ketil Farm (or two films even) would do the job just as well.

That is, if this leads to anything.

LumRanmaYasha

Higashimura's new series debuts next month! The premise sounds like a lot of fun, so I hope someone scanlates it soon after it debuts, or better yet, Crunchyroll picks it up for a simulpub. 

LumRanmaYasha

A new site called Comic Zenon is now providing legally translated manga in english. Only three series are available in english right now, but they are taking votes on what stuff people want them to translate in the future. Their back catalog looks really interesting with a lot of neat titles I'd be interesting in following, and I recommend checking them out and voting for the series you find interesting yourself.

LumRanmaYasha

Here are the rankings for the August 31st issue of Weekly Shonen Jump:

Bleach (Cover, Lead CP, 14th Anniversary)
1- One Piece
2- Assassination Classroom
3- Haikyu!!
4- Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
Ryujin-den Gagamaru (One-Shot, Center Color, 47p., Participant in the 2015 Gold Future Cup)
5- Gintama
My Hero Academia (Center Color)
Toriko (Not ranked. Was absent in issue #32)
6- Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
Hinomaru Sumo (Center Color)
7- The Mishaps of Kusuo Saiki
8- Black Clover
9- Nisekoi
Best Blue (Not ranked)
10- Kochikame
11- World Trigger
12- Devily Man
13- Kagamigami
14- Lady Justice
The Story of Isobe Isobee

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, I'm gonna guess Lady Justice isn't long for this world.