Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Sweet, I've been waiting for a chance to re-watch this movie since it came out. Now if we could just get Captain America on Netflix as well, I'd be set.

Avaitor

Also, I'll say it now, Foggle- you will HATE Kat Dennings in this movie. Well, you probably already do hate her, but she is by far the worst part of Thor.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

A Guardians of the Galaxy film has been confirmed.

Not surprising, really. Seems like the perfect introduction for Thanos.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

The official slate:

Iron Man 3 (May 3, 2013)
Thor: The Dark World (November 8, 2013)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 4, 2014)
Guardians of the Galaxy (August 1, 2014)

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, Avaitor, do those subtitles for Thor and Captain America give you a good enough idea of what arcs each respective sequel will adapt from the comics?

Avaitor

Not really, no.

Oh, Ant Man's happening too. Edgar Wright showed some footage from it. I don't think a date is planned though.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Actually, the title does make it look like they'll adapt Brubaker's Winter Soldier arc.

Avaitor

So it does. I'm unfamiliar with it, being fairly recent and all, but seeing as this does bring Bucky back in some way, I'm not surprised.

New blog!

gunswordfist

On my birthday, Amazing Spider-Man came out so my brother he came to visit took me and a friend we haven't seen in years until that day to the movie. It was decent. It was kind of like them trying hard to not do everything Spider-Man 1 did (Green Goblin, wrestling, etc.) Kind of made me appreciate that movie more, which I don't even like. Anyway, it was good for a setup of a trilogy or whatever and I loved it when Doc Connors showed flashes of intelligence when he fought, like when he mixed those chemicals together and made them into an explosive to throw at Peter. Also, whenever he wore the lab coat in lizard form. They did make it understandable why he couldn't just wear it all the time. No way that thing would fit.

The day after my brother's birthday, we and our cousin and baby brother went to go see The Avengers. My first time seeing it, his second. It was pretty slow until the end but still pretty good. I did love the fact that Loki was the main villain. His actor does a great job of portraying him, just like he did in Thor and all signs point to him coming back yet again. A comic book movie that's smart enough to not kill off a major character at the first chance it gets? Brilliant? Also, can't remember the last time I've seen a villain crossover in a live action superhero flick. I was extremely surprised at who was shown after the credits. Don't see how the heroes have a chance with their lineup. Anyway, since it would be extremely underwhelming to have Ultron be the main villain in Avengers 2 now, I'd love to see him in Iron Man 3 and then have Vision come over from that film and have him be in Avengers 2 afterwards.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 29, 2012, 12:13:47 AM
So, speaking of flawed super hero movies that some of us may like despite their criticisms, I'd like to point out once again that I'm one of the 5 people on Earth who likes Spider-Man 3, and honestly no matter how much people explain it to me I still don't fully get the hate for this movie. I can understand why fans of the comic books would hate it, but honestly it makes no sense to me how anyone who enjoyed the first 2 films would hate on the 3rd one since that one was just as silly and had just as many problems as those films. I mean, they are all pretty campy films if you look back on them, but for me its all in good fun. I don't see how SM3 stands out as being that much worse than the first 2 movies. If anything, I'd argue that SM2 is the one that's the most ripe with stupid problems.
Linkin Peter Parker makes Spider-Man 3 factually shit.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on June 02, 2012, 02:58:03 PM
Anyway, here's some more info on Iron Man 3.

Looking good.
Iron Patriot? :shit:

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 15, 2012, 03:33:40 AM
Linkin Peter Parker makes Spider-Man 3 factually shit.

The fact that all of your opinions are factually shit makes anything you say irrelevant. :sly:

Avaitor

I TRIED SO HARD
AND GOT SO FAR
IN THE END
MJ DOESN'T EVEN MATTERRRRRRRR

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

This is bad comedy. Call me when they announce an Aaron Stack movie.