Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NTnljx9nqM

No training mode seems strange to not have, but it means I won't be putting my ps3 away after all. I mean there are certainly ways around it for sure, but strange never the less.

Tekken 7 is the main game I'm gonna be focusing on for a while. I'm just feeling pumped for Tekken 7 for some reason (it's a great game despite being bare bones much like SF5 at the start). I've been watching King Jae tutorial vids for the past couple days now and they've been great. Learning something everyday, and then on top of that I've been watching MadDogJin's Hwoarang, seeing if I can implement some things and develop a strategy.

Right now I've lost the desire to continue with DBFZ. Perhaps through word of mouth I'll come back to it when I here about netcode and lobby kickouts are fixed.

If I were to boot up SF5 again I'm automatically rage quitting against any Blanka players. I'll gladly accept whatever penalty. Knowing that this costume is in the game I refuse to play because I know I'm being trolled and I hate trolls. That costume is for trolling. Damn that.
3S - Ken, Yang
USF4 - Cody, Yun
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

All Eyez on me and I'ma send it straight up to Pac
Sweet Chin music and I'll never past da aux

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

No training mode means no buy from me. To be fair, it could still be in the game and just wasn't featured in the build that Max got to play, but if Capcom really thinks that it's OK to exclude such a basic feature like this (even if it's mostly just meant to be an arcade port), then they really are run by a much of idiots. They might as well rename this the "fuck people who don't already own these games" collection.

Mustang

That was definitely my initial reaction, but at that moment I had to remember that it was Capcom's fighting game division that remains incompetent while their other divisions seem to be getting their act together so I won't waste energy on them and put my hopes in DMC5.

Currently watching Final Round 2018 and good God, Yipes and Sajam are great duo for commentary.  Knowledge, jokes and hype all in one package. Can't ask for more. As for the tournament so far, I'm convinced to continue with Karin but have my secondary be Chun Li and Kollin that is when I go back to it.

Edit:

Turns out that there will be a training mode and a versus mode after all. Although, it was through word of mouth, and if you're not familiar with who James Chen is I don't know if you'd find him as a credible source.
3S - Ken, Yang
USF4 - Cody, Yun
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Alright, I finally went through the entire roster up through season two characters, and boiled down a list of five characters that I'd feel comfortable trying to get better with, but for now I'm just focusing on my top spot:

1. Zeku
2. Laura
3. Ken
4. Urien
5. Abigail

Keep in mind that this is all still subject to change, but these are the characters that seem to best fit my personal playstyle so far. That said, Abigail surprised me the most because Big Body characters are never my style, yet I can't help but find him to be surprisingly fun to use.

At any rate, my focus is practicing with Zeku for now, before taking him into online matches which still won't be for a while. Does anyone know any good Zeku players who's matches I can watch on YouTube to get a better idea of how to utilize him in active combat?

Mustang

I've only seen Big Bird (Kuwait or Saudi Arabia player) manage to use him successfully in tournaments which you'll also find that he was probably the best Guy player in USF4 as well, if you want to look that up too.

Some folks on reddit are saying a guy name AuttoMattock is probably the go to Zeku player though. You're probably gonna have to rely on CFN for Zeku footage.
3S - Ken, Yang
USF4 - Cody, Yun
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Man, it's been quite the roller coaster when it comes to Street Fighter 5 AE since season 3 of Capcom Cup began (I believe Winter Brawl was the start) and for me I'm checking out. I was trying to wait for Cody, but there have been too many strikes against Capcom's fighting game division since AE dropped (which is crazy because people were ready to throw/put Capcom into Capgod status just at the end of last year).

First was season 3 patch. Alright, Karin's nerfed, cool, she still had things to operate with and even then I'm not a tournament player. I'm a casual, but I like learning that difficult stuff. That being said, while I was still playing her, I started picking up Laura, Mika and Guile (with a splash of Chun Li)

So then we get talk about the 30th Anniversary collection not having a training mode and now I'm looking at this company sideways once again only to be met with training mode will be there. Cool, still looking sideways, but cool. Suddenly Mike Ross pop up out of the blue (he's been mia for the entire year) a week before NorCal Regionals with an AMA (Ask Me Anything) and it caused quite a commotion. Gist of it was him spilling the beans about Corporate Capcom (and personal issues which is none of my business) and fake people in the FGC since it became Esports. Mind you I also listen to/watch UltraChenTV on a regular basis and considering where I remember just what it was like 7 years ago up to now I'm tilting my head even more at this point.

Now we're at NorCal Regionals. Cool tourney, whatever. Waiting for Falke trailer (April 1st btw), but was told there will be a patch note release on April 3rd. WHAT? WHY? People were bitching that Abigail was gonna be a problem and maybe he was, but there was not a single one in top 8 so what gives? Maybe he would've been later on down the line. April 1st, oh, gotcha. April fools (the hell with this day)  April 3rd arrives, and there's a huge list of changes..... oh shit it was real. This whole week, there's been a lot of bitching about nerfs and buffs, and with good reason. Cammy was considered to be top 5 if not top 3 and Capcom buff'd her, but weaker characters got nerfed to the ground. Alright whatever, I'm still a casual and at this point my only choices were Guile and Mika despite still wanting to play Laura (but all of her fun stuff was removed....  FUCK)

So what caused me to check out. So here's a What happened-ish from Maximilian Dood about Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. And then I go to Eventhubs to see ELEAGUE The Challenger. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?! You mean to tell me that I've been spending my money on DLC to get this kind of bullshit? (Probably not but dammit I'm taking that way) I hate Reality TV. With that being said (My bad people, I know I'm salty) seeing these 2 things back-to-back and remembering Mike Ross's AMA, everything hit me at once and I'm done with and done supporting anything involving Street Fighter 5 (I don't even trust the 30th Anniversary Collection at this point either).

Here's Mike's last video before he vanished from the scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK6oT9-N00g. A lot of what he said here is real even though the video itself comes off as a joke.

This is no campaign or anything towards Capcom or Esports. I wish them well. Just been on my chest for a while. I just can't deal with a lot of the things I'm seeing and this is coming from a casual player/stream supporter from 2011 upto now.

Now I will say this to the Tekken's, DBFz's, and any other fighting game in the community. If your goal is to make it to E-sports and get a reality tv show deuces to you as well. I have no problem sticking with the old games.

Sorry for the long rant (there's no lol's but I tried to be a little funny but keep it 100)
3S - Ken, Yang
USF4 - Cody, Yun
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

It's always something with the FGC, I swear.

So here I am getting into SF5 again (I know. I quit. I let some people from Shoryuken talk me into playing again) and at this very minute of listening to UltraChenTV and their first topic is catering to the pros, whatever about that. In the midst of it I hear the name Richard Lewis. Trying to figure out who this guy is I go to his Twitter and I see a tweet from Maximilian saying something along the lines of reporting to the police about death threats for his MvCI video.

What Happened? MVCI Case study of what not to do. Looks familiar right. I posted that vid in my last post which was a month ago. So this guy is getting death threats for basically being neutral. Are you serious? It's this petty shit that kills my interest with this scene. There have already been threats to shoot EVO up. Now folks are being singled out now too. This scene.  :anger:
3S - Ken, Yang
USF4 - Cody, Yun
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

I've been watching Max play BlazBlue Tag Battle. While the game has been dead on my radar for some time now I will say that I'm fully on board for it now. Believe or not it wasn't even Max that got me to reconsider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkhMHTO-oms

The last guy he was playing against (Gordeau and Makoto). Some of the stuff he was doing was wowing. And I gotta give it up to Max, he's good at figuring ish out on the fly. But that guy, man, I can't wait to see some of the characters I want to play be played at a high level. (Jin and Hazama. I'm hearing that Mitsuru and Akihiko might even show up as well)

This might be because DBFZ is not all that technical, but I'm liking what I see here in BBTB than DBFZ. BBTB looks like an actual ASW game, and what I mean by that is the freedom you usually see in their games. I'm not dogging DBFZ by any means (at least I'm not trying to) but you will never seen 2 of the same characters be played the same. In DBFZ once you've seen Cell you've seen all Cells. Only different thing you can do is change your movement. And I get it, and it's needed, but that's not me (which is odd because I'm playing SF5).

Seeing BBTB I might have to check out Under Night. Now I just need a BBxGG crossover and we'll be good (especially with GG graphics)
3S - Ken, Yang
USF4 - Cody, Yun
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Mayor CODY!!!!!!

On a serious note he looks a little underwhelming, but at the same time I like it. June 26 is the release date.
3S - Ken, Yang
USF4 - Cody, Yun
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Just for you Dr. Ensatsu-ken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrhaiOKewNU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7hzE_qGpRM

I know you were playing Zeku at one point. I don't have confirmation yet but I saw that the Zeku player is Kiryu Tsukimiya (1 of the best, if not the best Guy player in USF4). I've just been converted to try out Zeku for certain and while you can't differentiate yourself in Street Fighter 5 too much I am seeing a few characters where you can. Zeku is one. Urien might be another. Menat for sure. Karin and Balrog might be as well. I'm definitely opening up to Street Fighter 5 a lot more now despite how long it took for me to find a character. It's the toxicity and the ish Capcom do behind the scene that puts me off most of the times.

Anyway, Evo crept up pretty quick on me (Next weekend). Despite having a larger entry number than Street Fighter 5 (not that much) DBFz will be the 2nd to last game played next Sunday. Meaning I will definitely be watching the archives of SF5 due to work. I do kind of wish that it would've been the last game since DB takes far too long and I'm not certain if its 2/3 or 3/5. Oh well, I guess I'll try some predictions

Daigo for SF5
Kazunoko for DBFZ
3S - Ken, Yang
USF4 - Cody, Yun
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yes. I'm a huge fan of Guy's playstyle and having Zeku's mechanics at least partially based on that style plays a huge factor in why I like him so much. As a bonus he also has attacks with decent range that can cancel out fireballs, which Guy never had.

Mustang

I'm not entirely sure, but Zeku should be able to run under fireballs and punish. Most characters have something that neutralize fireball users unless you're playing against Guile that is.
3S - Ken, Yang
USF4 - Cody, Yun
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

If you're a fan of fighting games your E3 was officially this past weekend.

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle brings the rest of the DLC today.  I have mixed feelings on this game. I haven't bothered with it to care about the game at all, but at the same time when I do bring myself to care (I want to team Jin and Yuzuriha or Jin and Mitsuru together) there's something that I can't explain that's turning me off from the game. Anyway, I think would've been more hyped to see Joker from Persona 5.

Tekken 7 Season Pass 2. It's about time they listened and brought Lei and Anna back. Now I'm curious whose gonna play them. I can see this easily turning into a SF5 situation, especially when SF5 first came out. All these people claiming for Karin, Mika and Alex and when they finally got them those same people disappeared. The thing Tekken 7 has going for it is that it's a legacy game (everybody plays relatively the same from past games). Other than that I wanna see all these Lei players. I have no idea who Negan is nor have I ever watched Walking Dead so truth be told I feel like this was a wasted slot, but at this point it's whatever to me.

Capcom stole the show this time with G and Sagat out today and dare I say they both look good, especially G. Cody was a disappointment (animations all weird and not impressed with his overall moveset), but G looks like someone I can actually have fun with. Sagat looks like Sagat. Considering that both are out today and Sagat not coming in December I gotta believe we might be in store for some epic (disappointment)-ness coming Capcom Cup. But yea, I'm back into SF5 with either G or Sagat as the main.
3S - Ken, Yang
USF4 - Cody, Yun
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I was curious what your thoughts were on the DBFZ Finals at EVO, Mustang? I'm seeing a decent chunk of people angry at the tactics that Sonic Fox used in the final set, claiming that he ruined GO1's momentum by forcing a seat change.

On the one hand, that absolutely is a clear tactic to win (GO1 himself was clearly salty about it in the footage right after the loss), but on the other hand tactics like this are nothing new in sports or e-sports, and to insinuate that Sonic Fox only won based on a cheap trick is kind of nuts to me. The guy has clearly proven his skill at this game, and playing psychological games with your opponent isn't against any rules that I know of, and again it has been done at EVO countless times before. I feel as though some people are bitching about this move more than they really should, but maybe that's just me.

Mustang

He definitely ruined Go1's momentum, but you do anything to ice your opponent if it's within the rules. Initially, I was salty when I heard about it (because I just don't like Sonic Fox at all. I respect his skill, but I just don't care for him), but it's within the rules.

But to say SonicFox won because of that tactic (I can't call it cheap because it's a legit tactic) is a load of BS. Sonic Fox has been winning most tournaments within the past 3-5 weeks and I could've sworn Go1 were at most of them as well. Like I said, I can't stand the guy either, but you have to be an idiot to think he won because of a tactic when his skills speaks for itself.

But, yeah, I have no problem with him doing that. Hell, this is why you're suppose to practice doing everything on both sides.
3S - Ken, Yang
USF4 - Cody, Yun
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol