Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

For some reason today someone gave me a $10 gift certificate and payed for my meal at a local pizza shop during lunch today. I have no idea why but that was the kindest thing that anyone has done for me. Guess that Christmas spirit is high in the air.

Commode

I hate working so far from home.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Commode

I wish I had money to buy a new computer, I'm about ready to throw this one out of the window.  The battery won't charge, it's running really slow lately, and now it's being picky about playing DVD's.  Fucking thing.

Commode

It's raining pretty good out right now.  I'm just sitting here in my parked car, watching the rain fall, with the road up a ways where there is brake light after brake light.  Pretty interesting how much rain screws with traffic.

Kiddington

It hasn't rained here in four months. FOUR. MONTHS.

Usually Reno is pretty dry anyway, but not this dry. It's already mid-January, and we haven't had a single snowstorm yet all winter. Heck, I can't even remember the last time it was even cloudy around here.

Hard for me to complain about these temperatures, though; 65 degrees today, supposed to be back up in the 60's again tomorrow. Yay global warming! =P

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, after a month long Winter break I'm finally back and settled into my college dorm for another grueling semester that will pretty much test my endurance to be a slave to the school. Other than that life's fine, though....that is to say, fuck my life. :whuh:

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 15, 2012, 06:56:42 PM
So, after a month long Winter break I'm finally back and settled into my college dorm for another grueling semester that will pretty much test my endurance to be a slave to the school. Other than that life's fine, though....that is to say, fuck my life. :whuh:

Do you graduate this semester? What's next for you?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, I get a BS degree once this semester ends, which technically has its own graduation ceremony, but I don't technically graduate from the course because I still have 2 more years of studies since its a 6-year program, at the end of which I'll be granted a Pharm D degree.

Spark Of Spirit

Sounds rough.

Not much to report here. Things are still chugging along.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Today I attended the funeral of my uncle. It was a little different since unlike the last two people in my family that died we just had a wake, here I attended a mass and the grave, while the wake was yesterday. On one hand, it's kind of sad to see him go after his battle with his liver and kidney failure and I'm glad that he's no longer suffering. It was also sad to see the rest of my family sad about his passing, especially one of my aunts. On the other, I kind of regret not knowing him better due to how out of the way he was to visit and how he only appeared around holidays and that one time he moved into my family's house after his apartment got closed.

Foggle

That's really rough, dude. My condolences. It's always horrible when a family member dies, even if you didn't know them too well. :( Hope you guys are doing alright otherwise.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: talonmalon333 on November 14, 2011, 02:42:06 PM
Girls don't make sense.

Ftfy.

Now why don't you join us, the single master race?

Spark Of Spirit

I'm going to be taking a train tomorrow, the first one I've taken in well over a decade (almost two!) so wish me luck. I tend to get pointlessly nervous over such things.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

You'll be fine. The scariest thing about trains is how goddamn slow they are. :lol:

Commode

I used to take the Metra train in Chicago all the time, I just surfed the internet on my phone or played my DS.  If the train ride is long enough, I'd recommend that, bring your DS or PSP or whatever along and log some hours.