The Simpsons

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 29, 2011, 09:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Season 1- 7/10
Season 2- 8/10
Season 3- 10/10
Season 4- 10/10
Season 5- 10/10
Season 6- 10/10
Season 7- 10/10
Season 8- 10/10
Season 9- 9/10
Season 10- 7/10
Season 11- 1/10
Season 12- 1/10
Season 13 - 6/10
Season 14 - 7/10
Season 15 - 7/10

Everything else is a six or five. Completely mediocre.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Eh, I think season 12 is higher than a 1 myself.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 10, 2014, 04:15:53 PM
Everything else is a six or five. Completely mediocre.

I'd actually give season 24 a 7. It had some pretty decent episodes throughout. Aside from that, everything after season 13 is below a 5 for me, except maybe season 18 which I could give a six for the virtue of it's three very good episodes ("Homerazzi," "Marge Gamer," ""24 Minutes").

Avaitor

I have a bit of a soft spot for a handful of season 14 and 15 episodes myself. It's not even out of the episodes being so fresh for me when I first saw them, since I was already watching the show as far back as seasons 9 or 10. I just like a surprising handful of episodes from those two years.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

I dunno. I started watching the show in syndication with episodes from season 7 onwards, and then starting watching new episodes with season 17, but over the years I've grown to dislike pretty much any episode between seasons 14-23, even though I mostly enjoyed them as a kid and when I watched them the first time. Maybe I could revisit those seasons again, but I can't think of a single moment from those seasons I enjoyed at the top of my head at the moment.

Spark Of Spirit

I actually like season 14 and 15, its just that their highs aren't very high and their lows are nowhere near as bad as most other post-season 10 seasons.

One writer whose material has dated badly for me was anything Matt Selman wrote. He has a very obvious formula and it has not aged particularly well at all. Since he basically took over most of the writing duties after season 9, it really shows.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

The Simpsons has so many seasons that I've sort of lost track. What was the point that they started getting good, and then started getting bad? I honestly tend to get episodes and seasons mixed up.

Spark Of Spirit

It started as a good show that got great and started petering out around season 9 and came into full collapse in season 11. They smoothed everything out by season 14, but never managed to hit consistent heights again.

I would advise anyone to watch at least season 4. I think that would give you the best idea of what the entirety of the show is like.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 11, 2014, 05:14:38 PM
It started as a good show that got great and started petering out around season 9 and came into full collapse in season 11. They smoothed everything out by season 14, but never managed to hit consistent heights again.

I would advise anyone to watch at least season 4. I think that would give you the best idea of what the entirety of the show is like.

Well, for me personally, I've watched my fair share of it. I asked because there's just so much that I was honestly unsure what was what. It's like SpongeBob. Everything after the first three seasons blurs into a giant season 4.

Also, I wasn't a big season 1 fan.

Spark Of Spirit

Season 1 is closer to the idea of the shorts than the proper show.

That Spongebob blur you're talking about is pretty much every season after 14/15 where it becomes one long season. I think every season before that has its own distinguishing feature from the others.

Daikun

Nel_Annette

It's such a shame LEGO sets are so expensive. I'd be all over those otherwise.

Avaitor

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

Kinda a random and pointless name change, but whatever.