Upcoming Anime

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 30, 2017, 06:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLordGTZ

Karakuri Circus has been confirmed for 36 episodes.

While it's a small amount of episodes given the length of the manga, Fujita is saying that he's aware of the concerns and will be helping cut the 'uninteresting parts"of the manga.

With Fujita's involvement, I'm optimistic that this will turn out well.

Spark Of Spirit

36 is an oddly specific number. It's 10 volumes longer than Ushio & Tora and it'll be 3 episodes shorter so I'd hope he has a plan. But he did a great job with the Ushio & Tora anime so he probably knows exactly what he's doing.

Not that I'll complain. It's not like we'll be getting the manga anytime soon.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Funimation announces their dub lineup.

Tokyo Ghoul:re
Steins;Gate 0
High School DxD Hero
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2202
Kakuriyo -Bed & Breakfast for Spirits-
Space Battleship Tiramisu
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These
Golden Kamuy

That's a pretty hefty catch for them. They're also doing MHA season 3. Still wondering if anyone is going to get Megalo Box or Cutie Honey. I think just about everything else has been picked up for Spring.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

FMP! Invisible Victory is listed to have 12 episodes.

I'm going to assume this is split cour, because there's no way they can cover 7 novels in 12 eps.

Spark Of Spirit

The staff listed shows that the first six episodes covers a novel and a half. That means they're doing 3 novels this cour.

It's not being rushed, so clearly it's having another cour later.

In other news, here's Megalo Box's OP. That is excellent.

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 29, 2018, 04:45:36 PM
The staff listed shows that the first six episodes covers a novel and a half. That means they're doing 3 novels this cour.

It's not being rushed, so clearly it's having another cour later.

This basically sooths my concerns.  It seems like they might be skipping Dancing Very Merry Christmas (which probably explains why it got that audio drama adaption), though from what I hear, it's not 100% essential so things should be fine.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 29, 2018, 04:45:36 PM
In other news, here's Megalo Box's OP. That is excellent.
:swoon:

VLordGTZ

A domain has been registered for a Promised Neverland anime.

I'm surprised that we're possibly getting one before a Kimetsu no Yaiba anime, but I guess it just goes to show how huge of a success Neverland has been.

Spark Of Spirit

Promised Neverland was their biggest out of the box success since MHA. Makes sense to jump on it right away.

I'm pretty certain KnY will have an anime announced by the end of the year. Jump is pushing it and its sales are going up. If they want it to break out like they clearly do then it's going to need that anime boost.

I just hope the right studio gets it. The last thing I want is for Pierrot to get it after Black Clover wraps up.

VLordGTZ

Between Pierrot for Black Clover and freaking Gonzo for Hinomaru, we've kinda got the short end of the stick lately as far as new Jump adaptions go.  Hopefully TPN will break the trend.

VLordGTZ

VLordGTZ

Quote from: VLordGTZ on May 01, 2018, 03:56:55 AM
Additionally, Ufotable seems to be announcing an anime production at a Shueisha presentation on May 5th

Looks like it's just an adaption for an LN series that Shueisha is publishing.  I guess we're playing the waiting game for a while.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Spark Of Spirit

This was pretty expected, though I wonder how long it will be. You could get through the first arc in a single cour, but there's no real good place to stop after that yet.