Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 30, 2017, 06:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLordGTZ

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: VLordGTZ on May 24, 2018, 10:42:34 AM
TPN's anime will air in January 2019.

Additionally, the anime will be on the noitaminA block

I guess that means it will be an Amazon exclusive over here. :(
If it's noitanimA then it'll probably only be a cour. So it'll probably just cover the first arc.

Fine with me since, like I said, there's no place to end it on a satisfying note after that.

Edit: I should specify that the first arc is about 30-ish chapters, and the current one has basically been going since as the Nameless/Lucas arc which is only now coming to a head with its climax. If the anime was longer than 11-12 episodes then it would end in the middle of an arc. It's better for the first season to be short.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Ufotable is producing the Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba anime!!!

HOLY SHIT, ANIME IS SAVED!!!!!!  :shakeshakeshake:

I am so pumped for this!

EDIT: Here's the key visual
Spoiler

[close]

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Thank you for being literally anything other than the three worst studios. :worship:

Spark Of Spirit

Ufotable has some great animation and it looks like they nailed the artstyle here. I've never been too interested in what they've put out, but I've never thought they weren't good at what they do. This is a perfect fit for them.

Here's a clearer look at the visual:

Spoiler
[close]
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Lord Dalek

This season broke me. =(

Painted Outlaw

But, I thought Heybot already broke you. Are you just in smaller pieces now? :P

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Painted Outlaw on July 10, 2018, 09:51:37 AM
But, I thought Heybot already broke you. Are you just in smaller pieces now? :P
That was two years ago, I then spent my sabatical putting myself back together. Now thanks to Master of Ragnarok, I am broken again. =(

Spark Of Spirit

Mob Psycho 100's second season premieres in January 2019. Should be good!

VLordGTZ

Karakuri Circus will premiere this October!

The staff is as follows:
QuoteDirector: Satoshi Nishimura
Series Comp: Toshiki Inoue, Kazuhiro Fujita
Chara Design: Takahiro Yoshimatsu
Music: Yuuki Hayashi
Studio VOLN, Twin Engine
Cast:
Chihiro Ueda
Rikiya Koyama
Megumi Hayashibara

It's awesome to see Nishimura directing another Fujita work!  If anything, this is providing me with further confidence that this adaption will turn out great!

Spark Of Spirit

Nishimura! Awesome news. Hopefully they also get him for the inevitable Souboutei anime. Actually looks like they got most of the Ushio & Tora staff back for this.

Also, there's a trailer out featuring clips from the first episode.