Channel Larry (EDIT: Channel Awesome renamed to just Nostalgia Critic)

Started by Commode, December 30, 2010, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

On and off. It really annoys me how Doug doesn't do his homework for anything he reviews, ever.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on December 12, 2012, 06:29:36 PM
On and off. It really annoys me how Doug doesn't do his homework for anything he reviews, ever.

What do you mean?

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 12, 2012, 06:41:55 PM

What do you mean?
Well, for one thing, according to Doug, Disney was not in a good place around the time Toy Story came out. Even though, y'no, that's a load of shit.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on December 12, 2012, 06:49:26 PM

What do you mean?
Well, for one thing, according to Doug, Disney was not in a good place around the time Toy Story came out. Even though, y'no, that's a load of shit.

Yeah admittedly, that was a pretty big mistake. I didn't mind it too much though.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on December 12, 2012, 06:49:26 PM

What do you mean?
:unimpressed: He said that?

Weird.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

If he meant that by the time Toy Story 2 or even A Bug's Life came out, it wouldn't be that bad. Or if he meant that when Pixar's roll of critical and commercial dominance took over, again, not a bad point.

But Disney was still on a Lion King high by the time Toy Story came out, and even though Pocahontas wasn't nearly the hit that was, it still did very well.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Avaitor on December 12, 2012, 07:00:20 PM
If he meant that by the time Toy Story 2 or even A Bug's Life came out, it wouldn't be that bad. Or if he meant that when Pixar's roll of critical and commercial dominance took over, again, not a bad point.

But Disney was still on a Lion King high by the time Toy Story came out, and even though Pocahontas wasn't nearly the hit that was, it still did very well.

Maybe that was what he meant, but he phrased it wrong. That is a pretty glaring error though. Honestly, that mistake aside, his Pixar/CGI Disneycember is still pretty darn good. I'd recommend anyone who loved it last year to check it out. He's up to The Incredibles right now.

Spark Of Spirit

Does anyone have a link to his blip page? I'd rather just watch there if I can and get the chance.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Quote from: Peanutbutter on December 12, 2012, 07:05:30 PM

Maybe that was what he meant, but he phrased it wrong. That is a pretty glaring error though. Honestly, that mistake aside, his Pixar/CGI Disneycember is still pretty darn good. I'd recommend anyone who loved it last year to check it out. He's up to The Incredibles right now.

What movies has he done so far? Has he only tackled the Pixar movies or did he do the CGI Disney Movies yet?

Avaitor

Quote from: Daxdiv on December 12, 2012, 07:25:23 PM

What movies has he done so far? Has he only tackled the Pixar movies or did he do the CGI Disney Movies yet?
He is indeed planning on doing Disney's CGI flicks.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daxdiv on December 12, 2012, 07:25:23 PM

At the moment, he's running through Pixar's films in chronological order. I imagine he'll get to the CGI Disney ones as they come up.

Avaitor

Yeah, Chicken Little should be next.

New blog!

Daxdiv

I thought the Stinger near the end of the Incredibles meant he was tackling Cars next. That should be a fun watch, since IIRC, he called Cars one of the most overrated movies of all time... which is funny for me since every person I meet says that Cars is their least favorite Pixar film.

talonmalon333

I agree with everything he's said about the Pixar movies so far, except I like Toy Story 2 slightly less than the original. I'm also more forgiving toward the non-Toy Story movies, even if I don't think they are on the same level of quality.

Spark Of Spirit