Futurama

Started by Commode, December 27, 2010, 11:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I want to mention that I quite enjoyed the most recent episode I saw, the one where Fry became a neanderthal. It has a lot of the science-fiction oriented storytelling and tender emotional moments that I love from a lot of the show's best episodes, and some good stuff, like Bender "earning" his way to first prize.

Although it does bring up another problem I have with these later episodes- when Leela breaks up with Fry, he acts surprised that they were even going out. Were they? It seems like they are in some episodes, while in other it doesn't at all. It shouldn't bother me as much as I do, but it does a lot.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Daxdiv

Foggle

Quote from: Daxdiv on January 29, 2013, 10:46:33 PM
This could be either really good or really bad.
It's post-revival Futurama.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Foggle on January 29, 2013, 10:50:15 PM
Quote from: Daxdiv on January 29, 2013, 10:46:33 PM
This could be either really good or really bad.
It's post-revival Futurama.

Why do you have to dash my dreams, DAD?

Avaitor

To be fair, a broken clock is right twice a day. This could turn out to not be awful.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

It's been shitcanned again.

...Finally. Now we just need Fox to dump Family Guy and The Simpsons and we'll be set.

Peanutbutter

While they relied a little too much on topics like South Park at times, I liked the newer seasons. That one Christmas special was the only real stinker. I hope Adult Swim picks them up like they were about too, because I think they can still have at least a couple more good seasons left.

Goldstar

Eh, 140 episodes is a good run. The Comedy Central episodes weren't all bad (except for that one holiday special), but they were noticeably of a lower quality then the ones preceding them. I'd rather the series bow out now than continue and get progressively worse, as I wouldn't want to start disliking something that I once loved.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

hobbyfan

Quote from: Goldstar on April 22, 2013, 02:14:49 PM
Eh, 140 episodes is a good run. The Comedy Central episodes weren't all bad (except for that one holiday special), but they were noticeably of a lower quality then the ones preceding them. I'd rather the series bow out now than continue and get progressively worse, as I wouldn't want to start disliking something that I once loved.

I second that emotion. Better to go out now than later when the quality could be worse.

Goldstar

At least Futurama got additional seasons on another network. That's more than Dilbert, Mission Hill or Megas XLR ever got.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Avaitor

Honestly, the show had a good run in the first place. The later episodes had some highlights, but were mostly unnecessary.

B&B however, that had a great new season. It looks like it's done as well, sadly.

New blog!

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Hmm, I didn't think the new seasons were all that bad, aside from the occasional clunker. That said, I'm not sad at all to see the series end again (although as always I'm sorry for the people who are loosing their jobs). It's just that the original run was almost flawless, and the revival seasons and movies just seem so superfluous to me. I certainly could've lived without them.

However, The Simpsons and Family Guy should've before this. I actually enjoy many newer episodes of The Simpsons each season while I lost interest in Family Guy years ago, but both have been mediocre or just plain awful (in Family Guy's case, mostly) too much of the time and for far too long. I don't think FOX is going to cancel them anytime soon, though, especially The Simpsons since somehow it's actually beating Family Guy in the ratings nowadays.