Started by Avaitor, July 01, 2011, 08:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

I think that Gazan, the Lavabender is still alive. The two women are definitely dead though. Looks like Korra will be traumatized for a while. Hope that doesn't get swept under the rug when the fourth season starts. Overall, this season may have had a few hangups, but it was way better than the second season.

gunswordfist

I just watched the last 3 episodes of this season.

Episode 11: Finally, Zaheer vs. Tenzin. I would have ragequitted the show if Zaheer would have beat Tenzin alone. Especially after he called him a true Master. Tenzin beat Amon, dammit. I don't care if that battle was and changed nothing. He blew him away. lol Anyway, this episode was the start of a lot of good battles. That were really going all out. Also, I think this episode made me like Tenzin even more. It's going to be hard to pick between him and Korra as to who will be my favorite character this Book.

Episode 12: Sheesh, Combustion Lady got fucked up. That was kind of gruesome.

I love watching Korra fight with chains on (with her Dad). That looked pretty damn cool. I'm guessing we are supposed to give a damn about that metal bending captain. Speaking of giving a damn, can't say I cared about Combustion Lady when the show tried to make me when she met of with Zaheer since she just got done trying to blow up a bunch of kids.

It's good to see Bolin get some kind of development. Mostly just a knew ability and I was going to harp on it just being that be he did clearly gain some confidence once I think about it.

Episode 13: ...hmm, I had to figure out why they wanted to kill Korra just now from thinking about it since Zaheer's speech made no fucking sense. (I watched the speech twice trying do). The Avatar can't restore balance if the Avatar is no more, yadda yadda. And more good battles ensued. Unlike at the end of Book 2 and everyone wasn't useless at the end (they literally couldn't hurt any of the bad guys which were the dark spirits. Just..awful.). During Mako's battle with the water arms lady, right before he did it, I was thinking, "Why don't you use your fricking lightning?". He should have did that a long time ago. I like how Bolin didn't beat lava bender guy by himself. He just held his own until Mako came and since Bolin wasn't just mostly freaking out and running this time, they did good. Also, I think lava guy is my favorite villain this season.

Korra vs. Zaheer was a decent fight. Except the first half of the Dark Avatar fight, which was fucking beautiful and before the stupid giant spirit part, this was Korra's best fight against a season's main villain. I liked how it was clear that he wouldn't have been a match for a non-poisoned Avatar State Korra. Then Zaheer went on to look like a dumbass when he talked to her instead of just skipping to the part where he literally takes her breath out. It was good to see the others help either way though. And I still think Zaheer's motives are dumb ass hell. Congratulations, you wanted the entire planet to look like The Purge. Fucking genius. Also, why didn't he just have water arms lady just carry around the poison? Could have saved a lot of trouble. I like Zaheer but..dumbass.

At least we did get something out of the season, which is the Air Nomads fully reforming. I hope those Red Lotus dumbasses are a side problem and another villain group is the main attraction.

Edit: Also, this was the best season of Korra (yet?)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daikun on August 22, 2014, 07:52:34 PM
Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on August 22, 2014, 05:37:40 PMOn that end, as exciting as this finale was, it did feel incredibly rushed to wrap things up into a neat little bow.

Not quite. The Earth Kingdom is still in disarray, and Republic City is still dealing with a spirit problem.
Exactly. Ba Sing Se was on fire and tearing itself apart. A neat bow, my ass and it did not feel rushed. They made it clear they still had a lot to do and that the conflict will indeed go into Book 4.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on August 22, 2014, 09:28:28 PM
I'm not talking about the after-effects, though. I mean how they just manage to stop the Zaheer and the Red Lotus's plans so quickly. They were giving them so much trouble before, but it only took a 2-parter to turn things around and wipe out the main members. It's a shame because they seemed like interesting enough villains that would have been nice to learn more about their history. As it is, nothing was really revealed about any of them outside of their motivations, and since 3 of the 4 are pretty much dead, we probably won't get to learn more about them at all. Of course, since Zaheer is still alive, it's completely possible that he will appear again in book 4, but I have a feeling that the focus will be completely different.
There were only a few Red Lotus members. They literally said they only had 4 extra guys available. Combustion Lady was what was stopping them from just ganging up on them and saving the day and when they finally took her out, it was downhill from there. Also, they spent 3 episodes in a row trying to take them down, not two. It wasn't over too quickly at all.

Edit: Not to mention that the metal bending guards stopped the 4 before and they brought them with them this time, plus they had all of the Air Nomads, so yeah, not too much of a surprise that the Red Lotus lost.

Nel_Annette

Quicker than what we're used to, the Book 3 DVD/Blu-ray will be out December 2.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on September 02, 2014, 04:03:39 AMAlso, they spent 3 episodes in a row trying to take them down, not two. It wasn't over too quickly at all.

It was 2 episodes. The episode before that were the Air Nomads defending themselves from the Red Lotus's take-over, which I would hardly count as "taking them down" (in regard to the Red Lotus), especially considering that they had the upper hand. The third to last episode literally ended with them beating the crap out of Tenzin, of all things. Then in the second to last episode they even managed to take Korra captive, so even counting that one as part of "taking them down" is a stretch.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on September 03, 2014, 03:21:08 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on September 02, 2014, 04:03:39 AMAlso, they spent 3 episodes in a row trying to take them down, not two. It wasn't over too quickly at all.

It was 2 episodes. The episode before that were the Air Nomads defending themselves from the Red Lotus's take-over, which I would hardly count as "taking them down" (in regard to the Red Lotus), especially considering that they had the upper hand. The third to last episode literally ended with them beating the crap out of Tenzin, of all things. Then in the second to last episode they even managed to take Korra captive, so even counting that one as part of "taking them down" is a stretch.
I clearly said trying. Oh and in the episode where the Red Lotus captured Korra, they killed Combustion Lady, which I would count as actually part of taking them down. Nothing was rushed.

gunswordfist

Season rankings!
6. Korra Book Spirit
5. Korra Book Air
4. Korra Book Change
3. The Last Airbender Book Water
2. The Last Airbender Book Earth
1. The Last Airbender Book Fire

It's hard for me to choose between Fire and Earth. They are both about as good, in my eyes. The difference maker is Book 2's finale. ensatsu-ken convinced me that Zuko wasn't ready to go against his family yet in the argument he had with Spark, which makes the finale a bit more bearable in my eyes. But then again, I loved it when he attacked Aang when I saw the world premiere because I felt like Zuko has been too wishy washy. :awesome: Anyway, my real problem is it seemed so...anticlimatic? Idk. What I mean is Sokka was going to go to battle alongside his father, it looked like Toph was going to meet with her mother, which would have been great since she just "the Earth fighter/master" on the team and Aang was going to gain full control over the Avatar State. That never happened because...they decided to make Katara a damsel in distress. Well, for Aang and Sokka, anyway. Toph was going to get nothing either way. I think Book Fire only had two episodes I didn't like (the stupid dream filler and Katara's filler at the beginning), plus episodes like The Avatar and The Firelord and The Boiling Rock.

Another tough pick was between Change and Air. I admitted really like Air and haven't seen it in years so I need to do that to be completely fair. As for Change, the metal city episodes, mostly with how bad they made Lin look and how I think they slowed down the show a bit too much (until Red Lotus attacked, of course) took out a lot of the steam from the season for me, which I was loving. I think I may have been unfair there too so I have to watch this season quickly in a few sittings one day. Also, I think it even effected how much I like the last 3 episodes, which were pretty good.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

1. Fire
2. Earth
3. Change
4. Air
5. Water
6. Spirits

LumRanmaYasha

Fire>Earth>Change>Water>Air>>>Spirits

Dr. Insomniac

Earth>Change>Fire>Air>Water>Spirits>The comics>The movie

Spark Of Spirit

1. Fire
2. Earth
3. Change
4. Water/Air
6. Spirits
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I thought more than one person here liked Earth more than Fire.

LumRanmaYasha

Book 4: Balance is coming out on October 3rd.

They really want to get done with this series as soon as they can, huh?

Daxdiv

It was nice knowing you Legend of Korra.