Trigun

Started by The Shadow Gentleman, March 18, 2013, 05:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Vash pretended to kill the kids so that their pursuers would not chase after them anymore. They couldn't get revenge on Vash because he's Vash the Stampede. So basically there was nothing they could do.

He basically took the blame for murder in exchange for helping those two get away. That's the play on the title: Vash helps them escape from pain and yet he can't escape it himself.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

That makes sense. But what about the caravan? Wouldn't every die for starvation/thirst due to losing their business?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I haven't seen the episode in a while, but I think the point was that it was up to them to figure it out now. They had their opportunity to do the right thing to bring Julius back without causing problems and they threw it away by attacking him and even hiring Vash the Stampede (a "known" murderer) to bring him back. There was really nothing either of them could do to change things, and the people there didn't seem interested in changing. So now that the two of them are gone, the Caravan either has to learn to live honestly and fly right, or they die. There is no in-between.

It's a pretty harsh situation when you think about it, but Trigun is all about perseverance through impossibility. I'm willing to bet that they got their act together and fixed things.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I don't know what I'd do without you.

gunswordfist

Diablo - So any emotions went through me after watching this episode. This is my 1st Trigun episode and possibly the sole reason why Trigun became the second anime t be my no. 1 favorite for years back then.

Finally the Big Bad is revealed. Sure Knives is his boss but Legato does all the real work and is the primary face of evil in the show. I was just going to say I've been enjoying the pre-Legato episodes.

I love Monev's costume/design. Somehow better than I remembered despite all of the nostalgia. Reminds me of 90s comic book costume.

Anyway, it finally happened. Vash has yet to see pretty much anyone die in the show's timeline and now he sees a massacre. How he dealt with it was understable and sad.

Spark Of Spirit

Venom backwards = Monev

Nightow was a big fan of '90s comics, just like Watsuki was.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I remember Watsuki even flat-out admitting that he directly ripped off Aoshi's jacket design from Gambit.

gunswordfist

Shit, that's 3 facts I did not know. Monev is the only obvious 90s comic book influenced anything Ivcan think of in the show.

gunswordfist

Vash The Stampede - Ugh, clip show. It was more entertaining than I thought it would be though, probably because the show's clips are even good. Also we finally see all of Vash's scars. Back then I thought they would look like Gene Starwind's scars but it's not even close to that. Yeesh. Anyway yeah, every time I complain about anime taking a break, I'll remember that breaks make clip shows not happen.

Spark Of Spirit

I actually really like the clip episode because it's deceptive in what it is. It offers Meryl's opinions on the events that have unfolded, while revealing critical information about Vash at the same time that comes into play later.

It's also a good reminder that the show is going to shift pretty hard, so savor those old episodes.

gunswordfist

Little Arcadia & Demon's Eye - I forgot to mention that I watched Little Arcadia last week. Nice seeing the girls get an episode.

Demon's Eye was probably my favorite episode back in the day. Legato's opening scene in the bar was somehow better than I remember, again, despite nostalgia. The jazz playing helped. Also, Legato's voice actor is incredible. It was like the voice acting got even better the more he spoke.

I always loved the Dominique fight. Especially the moment where Vash figures out how to beat her. Lastly, most of the Gung-ho Guns got introduced so that was special and I love how Vash can go from goofy to serious and back at the drop of a hat. He's officially back to being my absolute favorite pacifist drifter.

gunswordfist

Finally started watching Trigun again---
Fifth Moon - This reminds me of what I've been thinking...I wish I was watching this show blind. Moments like the end of the episode make me think that. I wouldn't know what the hell to make of what happened and I would have loved it. Also, yay Wolfwood's return!

gunswordfist

Rem Saverem - I am a little misty eyed after watching this. It showed how Vash and Knives got shaped into who they are. Just from memories, there's at least 3 times this episode will be called back.

gunswordfist

Goodbye For Now - A bit misty eyed from this episode. I hope Vash does see Lina and Sheryl again. Also, I love how well directed the part about Knives making the city people disappear. The flashback at the beginning was great too. Forgot Vash aimed Angel Arm at Knives.

gunswordfist

Hang Fire - Kind of forgot about this episode, including the ending. Vash has finally reunited with the girls.