Trigun

Started by The Shadow Gentleman, March 18, 2013, 05:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Flying Ship - The show is definitely getting more action packed. And I loved the flashbacks.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Those episodes are my favorite run of eps in the series. Just so good all the way around.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

They were my favorite back then!

gunswordfist

Out Of Time - The saddest episode yet. That part where Vash named his murdered friends....and I completely forgot Brad died. And right after he gave that speech. I also now know what the name of this episode means.

gunswordfist

Alternative - Probably my favorite episode with all 4 protagonists now. I really either did pay attention to or didn't see how the aftermath of episodes effected Vash and the world around him. I aleo love how the scene at the end mirrored Rem trying to save someone.

gunswordfist

Paradise - *sighs I can't watch this now. Maybe later.

Spark Of Spirit

I don't blame you.

This episode and the beginning of the next one with Vash on the park bench gets me every time.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Paradise - I was just sitting here in denial about Wolfwood's death until I saw Milly crying. This was honestly one of the very first fictional deaths that got to me.
I missed/forgot the part where Wolfwood said he killed Zazie to specifically protect Vash. I always that it was more of a typically protect the women and children thing. And lastly I love how much was expressed in this episode with just looks.

Spark Of Spirit

The Zazie thing you know just killed Wolfwood because of his affection for children regardless of who the Beast really was. Then Vash questions his decision (which might have been a good one, we don't really know) which makes it hurt twice as bad. I always thought that was the final straw that made him give up on his old ways and accept forgiveness again. It's certainly what he gave to Chapel.

Wolfwood is one of my favorite anime protagonists, and Paradise is one of my favorite episodes of any TV show.

gunswordfist

I was honestly confused as to whether Zazie was a kid or a middle-aged humanoid so I didn't think of that. lol

I was kind of thinking about how Vash how the audacity to bring up that Wolfwood could have made a better decision since what he did was clearly eating him up. Wolfwood's character arc was yet another thing I didn't pay attention to back then but now I saw it all coming together before it hapoened, based off of what I remembered. I also think his death got to me more this time around.

LumRanmaYasha

One tidbit I love about the production of the english dub is that because of scheduling complications Jeff Nimoy was basically forced to record all of his lines for Wolfwood for the last couple episode in one big night-long stretch, so by the time he got to recording his lines in "Paradise" he was completely exhausted, and that sense of exhaustion really comes across in Wolfwood's voice throughout the episode, especially during his last moments, and adds a layer to his frustrations and the moral crises he struggles with throughout the episode and that sense of relief he feels when it's finally all over. Not only did that work out so well in terms of portraying the character, but it really gives that final scene in the church such an emotionally powerful and cathartic feel that just wouldn't have been the same if it had been performed by any other actor or under any other circumstance.

I love every iteration of the character, but just like how Steve Blum is the definitive Spike Spiegel for most, Jeff Nimoy is the definitive Wolfwood to me.

Spark Of Spirit

Jeff Nimoy is pitch perfect as Wolfwood just as JYB is basically Vash. It's hard to imagine anyone else in the roles.

Another thing about Paradise is while Wolfwood agonizes over the choice he made, Vash doesn't. It's not as if he was wrong, but it was just such a natural part of his character that he couldn't even conceive of killing Zazie being the right thing to do. Then, after Wolfwood dies, Vash does the exact same thing his friend did. What Wolfwood did to Zazie is exactly the same as what Vash did to Legato. For the same reasons, I might add. Then Vash had to survey himself and wonder about what really was the right thing to do, which ended up being that he was not so different from Wolfwood after all.

Wolfwood and Vash end up in the same place at the end of the series, even though they started from two very different places.

But, yeah, I could just gush about Trigun all day long.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 30, 2016, 09:06:46 PM
Jeff Nimoy is pitch perfect as Wolfwood just as JYB is basically Vash. It's hard to imagine anyone else in the roles.

Another thing about Paradise is while Wolfwood agonizes over the choice he made, Vash doesn't. It's not as if he was wrong, but it was just such a natural part of his character that he couldn't even conceive of killing Zazie being the right thing to do. Then, after Wolfwood dies, Vash does the exact same thing his friend did. What Wolfwood did to Zazie is exactly the same as what Vash did to Legato. For the same reasons, I might add. Then Vash had to survey himself and wonder about what really was the right thing to do, which ended up being that he was not so different from Wolfwood after all.

Wolfwood and Vash end up in the same place at the end of the series, even though they started from two very different places.

But, yeah, I could just gush about Trigun all day long.
I thought about that a tadbit, them being in the same situation, but not in that level of detail.

Sin - Oh man, the way Legato after he was shot. Brutal.
The scene on the bench was sad. Never really paid attention to how the girls ft about Wolfwood's death. I am no longer annoyed or whatever that they tagged along despite Vash telling them not tto.
Also, I forgot Chapel didn't get killed by Wolfwood. Now that really makes sense. Forgot he tried to get revenge too. Knives finally showed up and Caster shelled his ass. lol
Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on June 30, 2016, 08:38:30 PM
One tidbit I love about the production of the english dub is that because of scheduling complications Jeff Nimoy was basically forced to record all of his lines for Wolfwood for the last couple episode in one big night-long stretch, so by the time he got to recording his lines in "Paradise" he was completely exhausted, and that sense of exhaustion really comes across in Wolfwood's voice throughout the episode, especially during his last moments, and adds a layer to his frustrations and the moral crises he struggles with throughout the episode and that sense of relief he feels when it's finally all over. Not only did that work out so well in terms of portraying the character, but it really gives that final scene in the church such an emotionally powerful and cathartic feel that just wouldn't have been the same if it had been performed by any other actor or under any other circumstance.

I love every iteration of the character, but just like how Steve Blum is the definitive Spike Spiegel for most, Jeff Nimoy is the definitive Wolfwood to me.
Once again, I had no clue. That really does add to the scene.

Spark Of Spirit

"Why do they taste so good?" is the line that always gets me in that episode.

gunswordfist