What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

goody2shoes

:shit: What kind of reaction is that? Do you take pleasure in Shinichi's suffering?

I need water.

LumRanmaYasha

That's me showing amusement at your reaction. I've read the entire Parasyte manga. It's one of my favorite manga. I'm enjoying seeing how people react to this story the first time going through it. 

And this won't be the last time you'll feel that way about this series, I'll tell you that much.  :humhumhum:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I wasn't surprised if only because someone made it way too obvious that bad shit would happen since he wouldn't stop talking about how bad shit happens in this story, so I was pretty much expecting it for the last few episodes. Gee, I wonder who that might've been. :humhumhum:

Regardless, it was a good episode. The best one so far, I'd say, and I'm eager to see how the story goes on from here, given the way that this episode ended. Obviously he can't be dead yet, so it's more about how he gets himself out of this situation.

goody2shoes

You know Shinichi's monologue about the human heart? Oh the irony if
Spoiler
Migi rips out his heart and replaces it with a parasyte prosthetic to save him
[close]
. Actually that's pretty much what will happen, isn't it? (don't spoil it, just speculating :bleh:)

Lord Dalek

Spoiler
Naruto became Hokage. Believe it.
[close]

...and we're done here.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Who the fuck names their son Bolt?

Anyways, the One Piece reference was pretty much the best thing about the final chapter. Other than that, it's just like the atrocious Digimon Adventure 02 epilogue, except thankfully not as much of a slap in the face since that series and the one before it were at least decent, whereas for this one....well, it's kind of need to have standards in the first place before this kind of ending could even begin to be considered a disappointment.

Lord Dalek

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That's even worse. :whuh:

Also, going by that logic, I should really be asking who the fuck names their daughter Salad ("Sarada")?

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

Boruto and Salad are my new Naruto OTP.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

This week:

1. Parasyte- While I wasn't surprised by the dark turn, it was still undeniably well done, and it came at just the right time. The series took the first four episodes to set up the characters and establish the rules of the parasytes, but if nothin significant happened by now, it'd begin to start feeling dragged out, so I'm glad to see that we got a major development like this, and it managed to bump this particular episode up to be my personal favorite of the week.

2. Bahamut- This is the first time that this series hasn't ranked as my favorite, but it's still my favorite of the season, overall. Also, I'm not knocking this episode, which was still on a level of quality that I've come to expect from this show. I just found Parasyte to be slightly stronger this time.

3. Fate/Zero- This was also excellent, and we got some good character development. Really, the quality of this series and the other 2 were really close this week, and it was just such s great week for anime, overall.

4. Amagi Brilliant Park- In terms of humor, this is the first episode that actually kind of worked for me. I still wouldn't say it was as funny as something like Fumoffu, but the ridiculous personalities of the job applicants during the interviews, combined with Sento's bizarre reactions to her feelings, really did manage to get a few good chuckles out of me.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

On another note, I just started watching School Rumble, dubbed, and I'm only an episode in, so far. I like it, though. It kind of reminds me of Fumoffu, except with less explosions, but arguably just as zany on the whole. I'll try to watch some more episodes over the weekend if I can find the time, and I need to start watching Princess Jellyfish as well, which I only saw the premiere of a few years ago.

LumRanmaYasha

I'm kind of feeling burned out on anime lately and things are about to get really busy for me, so from last year's experience I know that I'll probably have to put watching most of the stuff I've been following on hold until the semester blows over. Especially because all this week rather than watching any of the new episodes I just felt like rewatching Urusei Yatsura episodes instead, so I'll probably just continue rewatching that for a while until I get back in the mood to watch anything else.

LumRanmaYasha

So Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire are getting a special anime short. That's neat. I always like seeing Pokemon anime outside of the main anime tv series, like last year's Origins, and to some extent the Mega Evolution specials.