Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Music

Started by Avaitor, November 11, 2011, 02:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

Oh, and I like Forever the Sickest Kids.  Yeah I know, stupid name, but I like them.  And Jimmy Eat World.

And that one All American Rejects album from about 2005(the one that has "Dirty Little Secret" and "Move Along") is pretty good.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Commode

If the two best songs of the 90s were really "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "One", then it was a worse decade than I thought.

Sorry, watching VH1 again.

Spark Of Spirit

If you like Pop-Punk, IMO, MxPx is still one of the best. Life In General is better than any album in the genre for the last 15 or so years.

I also like Jimmy Eat World, but only Clarity and Bleed American. They got bland after that and their first album is lame.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

I do really like Life in General. MxPx is pretty good.

Dr. Insomniac

Burzum is the only thing that I would deem as "alternative" music. That is all.

Commode

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

Well Varg did use a lot of synths in their later music, especially with the stuff he released in prison.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

What about stuff like Mr. Bungle? Or would that be experimental? I can never keep up with these weird newfangled genres.

Also, THD is apparently considered experimental rock/alternative hip-hop. Okay.

Avaitor

I can't get into mathcore for the life of me. To the point where I don't even think that it's music, just nonsense.

That's how badly I don't understand it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

If a genre has an unintelligible name (i.e. mathcore, shoegaze, dronoise, etc.), I probably don't like it. :lol:

Nel_Annette

It's when heavy music becomes more about technicality than an actual song that I zone out. It's why I can't stand letting my friend drive anymore. Insanely technical bands are all he listen to anymore, and it bugs the shit out of me. Playing as fast and with as much complexity as possible, with unintelligible cookie monster vocals... ugh. Not for me.

Foggle

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

I mean, I don't mind technicality if it's done well. Tech death is my favorite style of death metal (well actually, death fusion is, but they kinda run together), and if a musician can pull it off, go as crazy as you wanna.

But while death metal is about passion, mathcore is NOTHING but screaming and wankery, which is probably why its appeal runs so thin for me.

New blog!