Reviews & Features Discussion

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 29, 2012, 03:08:07 AM
Quote from: Rynnec on October 29, 2012, 02:54:09 AM
QuoteBTOOM! itself is the title of this fictionally popular MMO action game which seems to be some weird combination of a Call of Duty game mixed in with Bomberman, but in case I gave you the mistaken impression of something that sounds awesome, think more along the lines of Bomberman: Act Zero?.yeah, that?s supposed to be the hugely successful game that apparently every gamer in this world is hooked on.

I hate this anime already.
It had a kid get his testicles squeezed by his dad on-screen this week.

:whuh:

Anyway, good Clusterfuck. You guys' suffering is my amusment. :>

What the hell is with all these .Hack clones though? And they all use the same "trapped in the game" sceneario too. Can't we just get a "people playing an MMO" anime where they don't use that overused plot?

As for OniAi thing; you know that your anime sucks when one of the girls has serial killer tendencies, and it still doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Well, guess the only anime I'll be checking out this season are Jormungand and Code Breaker, and JJBA if that ever gets a stream. I suppose I should at least check out the first episode of K' too, just to see how good the art and animation are.

Dr. Insomniac

Rynnec

I guess I'll watch the first episode of that one as well. :thinkin:

Foggle

Don't actually watch K, just download the OST or something. ;) Also, I accidentally read some of the spoilers from later on in Little Busters, and let's just say that my score would probably change to a 2 or 3 if I ended up finishing it. Fucking Key.

Quote from: Rynnec on October 29, 2012, 03:36:44 AM
What the hell is with all these .Hack clones though? And they all use the same "trapped in the game" sceneario too.
For real. It's not even a cool premise.

QuoteAs for OniAi thing; you know that your anime sucks when one of the girls has serial killer tendencies, and it still doesn't interest me in the slightest.
She doesn't actually have serial killer tendencies, she's just a total creep.

Thanks for reading our ramblings, Rynnec. I spent the majority of yesterday finishing this up. ;D

Foggle

Rynnec reviews cult classic Vampire Hunter D, Dr. Insomniac delves into the real reason why people love that Charlie Brown special, and I analyze "the most disturbing anime ever" in our Halloween extravaganza!

http://animationrevelation.com/readables/?p=618

We all put a lot of effort into this one, so please read it. :)

Spark Of Spirit

Good stuff, guys.

Hey Rynnec, have you thought about reviewing the other Vampire Hunter D movie? It's not really a remake since the plot is entirely different with different characters and events.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Just watched the movie the other night. Definitely gonna give it a review sometime. :)

And Midori Shoujo Tsubaki sure has an...interesting history behind it.

Foggle

Shamefully, I've never actually seen Vampire Hunter D (I've seen Bloodlust though). Your review makes me want to, though!

Spark Of Spirit

It's an odd film, like Rynnec said, in that despite the era in which it was made and it being a horror-action movie- the gore is not all that in your face.

IMO, that's a good thing, because it maintains its atmosphere that way.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

You totally should watch it Foggle, it's Halloween, and it's not that hard to find, perfect time to watch it. :thumbup:

And yeah, the film's gore level is nowhere near the level of something like say, Hellsing Ultimate (which I also enjoyed), but that's definitely not a strike against it.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I might as well check it out tonight as I'll probably be done with my case work earlier than I thought.

Avaitor

It is a really cool little thing. I have to recommend it to you guys if you haven't seen it yet, especially tonight.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Good job, these are really fun to read.  :D

Foggle