Whatcha Bleedin' Watchin'?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, January 10, 2011, 02:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, there's something else to add to my backlog.

Where did you watch it, BTW?

Dr. Insomniac

Youtube.

And here is the closest thing the show has to the main hero teaching his soldiers about value.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I suppose babies make excellent throwing weapons, maybe....

Foggle

Watched Generation Kill. Probably the greatest miniseries ever, possibly the greatest final episode ever, certainly the greatest on-screen depiction of war ever. Intense, powerful, and engaging film-making with amazing characters and dialogue; instantly landed near the top of my favorite TV shows list. Highly recommended.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I started watching True Detective today. I'm only one episode in, so I really can't think of anything to say about it yet.

LumRanmaYasha

I blew through the entirety of Other Space last week, and I quite liked it. Good cast, good use of concept, solid humor, and it got progressively better with every episode. I think it'd get even better if they were to make another season, so hopefully it's streaming numbers are going strong.

Dr. Insomniac

So far in Sense8, the characters I like are the Korean lady and the Van Damme guy. Everyone else is just boring, since this show feels aimless after a while. Maybe I'll be more invested when the plots converge.

Spark Of Spirit

I heard its a real mess with no focus. But then with the Wachowski's involved I'm not sure if I should have expected anything else.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

So the parents of one of the characters call the cops to find their daughter, and they just happen to be calling the one cop in the entire world with a psychic connection to her. And that's not even the most contrived part of the show so far.

Though with the directors behind the Matrix sequels and the man who wrote One More Day, I should be expecting these things.

Avaitor

Netflix released OITNB early, and I was able to catch the first 6 episodes before I fell asleep.

So far, it is focusing on a few things that I'm frankly not as interested in- primarily Alex and the guards- over other characters I'd like more of, such as Poussey and Suzanne, plus we lost Nicky early on. But hey, no Larry and Vee so far. You take what you can get.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

Watching season 2 of True Detective proves my theory that the only things that made the first season seem above average were McConaughey and Harrelson's chemistry, and Fukunaga's directing.

Without them, the show's modest writing is becoming increasingly less exciting.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I like the first season (I have yet to start the second), though I still have to watch the last two episodes. Still, I don't quite get why people went nuts over it. I think that it's good television, but not among the best that I've seen, personally.

Avaitor

Yeah, it's a good show, but not THE next best thing like a lot of people were claiming it to be in the first season. I think the second season's average start is changing some people's minds about this.

It's still not a bad show, but none of the characters are doing it for me, and I'm not feeling the story yet. We're only 3 episodes in so far, but I was a lot more into the first season by this point.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

I can't take Velcro or Taylor Kitsch's character seriously at all. One overacts all his stuff (like in the Aspen scene) while the other can barely emote when appropriate. And it's hurt further by hearing them all blurt out some of the worst dialogue. Even beyond the nihilistic speeches, there's something going on--whether it's the wording or the acting--that makes every line delivery feel haphazard. I'm still giggling over hearing the mayor yell "What about THE CUNT?"

gunswordfist

Sounds kind of like how I feel about Raging Bull.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody