Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

i always have heard 90s/2d capcom wolvie whenever i read his comics.

just got done watching the climax to the dark knight again. i love it.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I think a better comparison would be the current Live-Action DC universe and the DCAU.

Movies to shows are kind of awkward.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

I'm resisting the urge to call him Khal Drowno.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on February 20, 2015, 03:41:51 PMI'm resisting the urge to call him Khal Drowno.

Well, it looks like you beat me to the obvious GOT joke.

Dr. Insomniac

I'm waiting for the less obvious Stargate Atlantis joke.

gunswordfist

I'm late as usual but...was that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in the Age of Ultron trailer?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 04, 2015, 02:31:05 PM
I'm late as usual but...was that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in the Age of Ultron trailer?
Yep.

No idea how they'll be handling them, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I didn't think that it was possible, but after the latest trailer, yep, I'm even more pumped for Avengers: Age of Ultron.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 04, 2015, 03:16:16 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on March 04, 2015, 02:31:05 PM
Yep.

No idea how they'll be handling them, though.
You mean with them being mutants/Magneto kin? I think they'll do like I think they did in the comics, or at least in the 90s cartoon and have them not know who their father is. Except Magneto will never be revealed as their Dad and the word mutant will be banned. I hope they join the team for good. War Machine too, for some variety.

Avaitor

I think I just read something about how they're retconning Magneto's ties to them in the comics.

I don't really mind tbh, since it was hardly that important, and that was a retcon to begin with. Just keep the cow stuff to a minimum in the movies.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Heh, I think I do remember them saying they won't originally Magneto's kids. Also,..weren't they a couple beforehand :whuh: or am I mixing up Star Wars retcon in there?

Spark Of Spirit

I do wonder how they will handle characters like War Machine, Falcon, or Winter Soldier in Ultron. Since they aren't technically Avengers they could just not be there, but I would like some sort of reasoning for it, at least. Since this is not exactly a small problem the Avengers are dealing with here.

gunswordfist

:( *runs out of thread after seeing Winter Soldier* I should have known it wasn't safe to not be fully caught up yet.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 04, 2015, 05:52:17 PM
:( *runs out of thread after seeing Winter Soldier* I should have known it wasn't safe to not be fully caught up yet.
You haven't seen Winter Soldier yet? Oh man, you gotta fix that ASAP.

Anyway, sorry for the spoiler!