Frozen

Started by Daikun, June 21, 2013, 08:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow Gentleman

I really like the soundtrack, too. "Let It Go" in particular is now one of my favorite Disney songs, which is saying something.

Anyway, I saw this yesterday with some family. Overall it's good, but I would have liked more scenes with Elsa.

Unfortunately, I missed Get a Horse.  :(

Avaitor

Officially the highest grossing animated movie of last year!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on February 09, 2014, 07:48:40 PMOfficially the highest grossing animated movie of last year!

Considering the high-caliber quality of the other animated films of 2013, that's not hard to pull off.

Avaitor

Quote from: Daikun on February 10, 2014, 01:17:39 AM
Quote from: Avaitor on February 09, 2014, 07:48:40 PMOfficially the highest grossing animated movie of last year!

Considering the high-caliber quality of the other animated films of 2013, that's not hard to pull off.
Eh, but people really like dem minions.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Commode

Finally watched this, it's pretty good but I dunno I just liked Tangled more.

It's really crazy just how popular this thing is though.  Apparently it sold 3.2 million DVDs/Blu Rays on it's first day, which is insane.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Yeah I was a part of it. And I don't regret it.

New blog!

Commode

Well I bought the digital download a week or so ago.  Just got around to watching it today though.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Kiddington

Yeah I finally got around to seeing it recently as well, at the cheap theater here that plays movies about to hit DVD...........it's pretty good (far better than I was still expecting, given how underwhelmed I was with the trailers), but I still don't get how this became one of the biggest movies ever. I mean I like it, don't get me wrong, but it's not the be-all end-all of Disney.

I'll get a copy one of these days though. Probably get the soundtrack too, it was cute.

Inkwolf

Finally saw it last night, we showed it for Movie Night at the library, and it broke all previous movie attendance records. (Previous record holder, if you care, was Alvin and the Chipmunks, followed by a tie between Cars and The Incredibles.)

I have to say, I loved it, especially how it broke so many Disney stereotypes.  (Knowing Hollywood, now everyone will have a new set of stereotypes that we'll see in movie after movie.)

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

Dr. Insomniac

And then Anna will struggle to sing "Do you Wanna Build a Snowman" at Elsa's grave.

The Shadow Gentleman

God damnit Insomnie

The Shadow Gentleman

LumRanmaYasha

Welp, guess we can count on a sequel happening sometime.  :awesome:

I can't believe how popular this has become, though. I mean, it's a good movie, but it's mind-boggling how much of a phenomenon it is now.

Dr. Insomniac

I will not be surprised if I see commercials for Frozen 2: How Olaf Got His Groove Back.